My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Is Green Button working again for anyone?

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Latest iPlayer reply:-

Thanks for getting back in touch with BBC iPlayer Support.

We understand all the information you have already given us. As we have said previously, neither device supports live restart and that means if you wish to use that feature you will have to do it on another device. One that supports that feature.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

All the best,

Jonathan Philpott

Checking on the certified list now, I see that they have removed the 5000t completely, the 4000t is still listed as compatible with live restart (but still not working) and my LG EC930V TV has now been changed to incompatible with live restart. For weeks they insisted that my TV was a 2013 model and that only the 2014 version was certified. After providing them with proof from LG that my TV is a 2014 model, they have moved the goalposts.

| Sat 4 Jan 2020 12:38:34 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Latest reply from iPlayer support:-

Hello,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

I apologise in the delay in responding.

To clarify the situation, Live Restart is temporarily disabled on the Humax FVP-400T because an update from Humax broke the functionality.

We are pursuing them for a fix but they are moving slowly.

I hope you find this response helpful.

Kind Regards,

Sarah

BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds Support Team

Clearly iPlayer support are blaming Humax but according to my recent chat with Humax (https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/do-they-or-dont-they) it's a BBC problem that they (Humax) have no control over.

| Sat 15 Feb 2020 9:01:09 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Another reply from iPlayer support, again insisting that Humax updates broke the function of the green button/live restart.
    I have forwarded all the emails to Humax technical support who are absolutely unhappy with the BBC blaming them.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us again. We are sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with our earlier response.

I've chased again with the iPlayer TV team who have again confirmed that Live Restart is temporarily disabled because an update from Humax broke the functionality. We are pursuing Humax for a fix but they are moving slowly on this issue.

Once we have an update on this issue, we'll get back in contact.

As we have nothing further to add at this stage of complaints process for the time being until we have an update to share we cannot correspond with you further at this first stage of the complaints process. If however you are still dissatisfied, you can contact the BBC’s Executive Complaints Unit (ECU). The ECU is stage 2 of the BBC’s complaints process.

Details of the BBC complaints process are available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle-complaint/ where you can read the BBC’s full complaints framework. You should contact the ECU within 20 working days of receiving this reply. You will need to explain why you believe there may have been a potential breach of standards or other significant issue for it to investigate.

If you wish to contact the ECU, we have provided a unique url link for you in this email. This will open up further information about how to submit your complaint. The link will then not work after you have submitted your complaint. You will be asked for the case reference number we have provided in this reply

| Thu 27 Feb 2020 13:10:03 #33 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.