My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Is Green Button working again for anyone?

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Hi Trev

No, I don't doubt that it still works on some devices, but not on 4000T/5000T boxes.

----

By the way, your quoting has gone awry.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 11:41:46 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

SO, it is a BBC problem. If it shows on a Samsung T V on freeview and works only near the end of a programme but not always at the beginning.
    Then if the green button/BBC iPlayer flag should work on the Freeview 5000t when shown.
    It works on my Samsung tv in exactly the same way as my Humax .
    So Graham on most occasions your correct. However, on this one You are wrong.
    It doesn't always work all the time, every time on the BBC Just like the red button flag onscreen doesn't, Indeed the BBC parliament channel suffers the same inconsistency as well.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 12:48:54 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

john1 - 13 mins ago  » 
    SO, it is a BBC problem. If it shows on a Samsung T V on freeview and works only near the end of a programme but not always at the beginning.
    Then if the green button/BBC iPlayer flag should work on the Freeview 5000t when shown.
    It works on my Samsung tv in exactly the same way as my Humax .
    So Graham on most occasions your correct. However, on this one You are wrong.
    It doesn't always work all the time, every time on the BBC Just like the red button flag onscreen doesn't, Indeed the BBC parliament channel suffers the same inconsistency as well.

What exactly did I post that was wrong ?

To re-iterate.

FVP-5000T no green button Prompt anymore as far as I can tell. Pressing Green button does not work. No way to play a programme that has started from the beginning unless the box was tuned to that channel when the programme started.

HDR-1000S - equivalent option is a circular arrow on the current programme. Preessing OK and selecting the view from the beginning option works as intended delivering missing content from BBC iplayer

BBC iplayer live on a Android device (Guess IOS will be the same). Current live programme has start from the beginning option. Guessing this may be viewed on your TV using a chromecast emulating the option.

All the above are factual. I made no comment as to where the fault lies. It's seems something has changed the in way the BBC handles this option that has made the current FVP boxes firmware incompatible.

I don't have an aerial connected to my Freeview-TV just a satellite connection from my Foxsat-HDR which is a G1 model so lacks this feature anyway. If I have time I will loop through the aerial to my 4 Tuner (2 Freeview - 2 Freesat), to see if the Freeview option has the View From the beginning option.

Who is responsible it's hard to say. Did the BBC tell Humax they were about to change something.

I currently don't have a aerial connected to my 4 tuner Panasonic-TV (2 Freeview and 2 Freesat). I have a single feed from my Foxsat-HDR.). I would need to connect an aerial to check what happens on the Freeview options).

I wonder if someone is confusing the option to wind back a programme that was tuned from the beginning by simply winding back in the Live TV buffer - and with most models converting that to a actual recording, this also gives a view from the beginning option by simply viewing the created recording in chasing playback and will also record the complete programme.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 13:02:57 #23 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

A1944 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi Trev
    No, I don't doubt that it still works on some devices, but not on 4000T/5000T boxes.
    ----

Then that's that. End of. No more conversation required on that subject then? ;=)

By the way, your quoting has gone awry.

Yeah, but too late to edit it to make it correct. The quoting is a bleeding nightmare on this forum with 'blockquote' 'site' and the rest of that boloney just there to trap you into getting it wrong.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 15:11:05 #24 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

Error post. Sorry

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 15:12:40 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

After waiting patiently for an age for the iPlayer livechat to become available last night, I am still no nearer to a solution.
    After first telling me that they had no access to complaints raised via their online form, I was asked if my issue was anything similar to "xyz...". As this was my complaint verbatim, I pointed this out, at which (miraculously) everything was available but it contained nothing but promises to investigate the issues. I was then told that my LG TV is not and never was certified for compatibility with the green button (followed by an email confirming this). However, looking this morning on the compatible devices list, I see that it is there.
    This is clearly going to drag on.

| Wed 2 Oct 2019 9:33:51 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Just posting again to ask if anyone with a 4000t/5000t has got "live restart" functionality again (either via the green button or directly within iPlayer)?
    I still having no luck and iPlayer support are now telling me (via email) that neither my Humax nor my LG TV support "live restart", despite both being on their list of certified devices.
    Has anyone else reported the issue? If so, what was the BBC response?

Cheers.

| Mon 2 Dec 2019 11:37:58 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeatupwey

No joy with green button with my 4000t. Restart option within dedicated iPlayer is not an option either. Looks like a compatibility problem with 4000/5000t devices.

| Thu 5 Dec 2019 16:33:32 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Cheers Mike.
    It's just annoying that it worked correctly up until June and now doesn't. My old HDR-2000t lost the green button function at the same time but it returned after about a month.
    Humax aren't interested in pushing the BBC for a solution, they just say it's not their fault. And as I say, the BBC are just saying that the 4000t and 5000t are not compatible.

| Fri 6 Dec 2019 10:14:16 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Still no luck.

Hello again,

Thanks for getting back to us.

To be sure, we have looked further into the past availability of the Green Button on your LG EC930V TV.

The LG TV is identified as a ‘LG TV 2013 HIGHEND Live’ – this TV has never had the live restart function flagged for it.

The only reason we can think of that it may have had the functionality at some point is that the firmware on it may have incorrectly identified the TV at some point but this TV model is NOT rated for the live restart service.

This is why it is no longer available.

The Humax box is identified as ‘Humax STB 2015 4000t FVP’ – this box initially had the function but had issues with it and so the live restart function was withdrawn from it in July 2019.

We are currently investigating this and we hope to know more soon.

I hope that this has clarified things for you.

Thanks again for getting in touch and I hope that you have a great Christmas!

All the best,

Steven Elliott

| Tue 24 Dec 2019 17:09:48 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.