My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Is Green Button working again for anyone?

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Yes The green button works Fine on my 5000t.
    However I did it when the green button was flagged up on screen from the BBC.
    I also wait for the red button emblem to show onscreen before use, as I've found that using it only works when the banner is shown. Yet another little Quark from them.
    Just like the watch in H D used to show when watching the S D local BBC channel.
    They have just realised that they don't transmit any locally transmitted programmes in H.D.
    Yet another job for the boys in their tech department who hasn't a clue what they are really doing.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 8:41:18 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Trev - 33 mins ago  » 
    GB works just fine on BBC1HD on both my LG and Samsung TVs (just tested them both).

Do they actually start the program from the beginning, or just play the live broadcast? My LG brings up the green button, goes through the various steps but then just plays live. If I access iPlayer directly there is only the option to view live, no restart option.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:10:38 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 13 mins ago  » 

Trev - 33 mins ago  » 
    GB works just fine on BBC1HD on both my LG and Samsung TVs (just tested them both).

Do they actually start the program from the beginning, or just play the live broadcast? My LG brings up the green button, goes through the various steps but then just plays live. If I access iPlayer directly there is only the option to view live, no restart option.

They start the programme from the beginning. The first thing you see is iplayer loading.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:24:49 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

john1 - 43 mins ago  » 
    I also wait for the red button emblem to show onscreen before use, as I've found that using it only works when the banner is shown. Yet another little Quark from them.
    Just like the watch in H D used to show when watching the S D local BBC channel.
    They have just realised that they don't transmit any locally transmitted programmes in H.D.
    Yet another job for the boys in their tech department who hasn't a clue what they are really doing.

That's because there aren't any local programmes in HD on anu of the terrestrial transmitters.

So it's not the BBC who hasn't a clue

The watch in HD prompt appears when you watch BBC1 which is a SD channel, to prompt a switch to BBC 1 -HD.

On the BBC only the nation HD channels are on the terestrial transmitters. ITV has limited regionalised HD variants, but's that's because they want you to watch the local adverts.

The green button no longer appears on a 4000/5000T. The watch from the beginning option still works on the Freesat boxes.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:28:58 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

That's promising Graham, because last week you were unable to get it to work.
    From iPlayer settings /help, what big screen, build and framework is reported, please?

While I have been typing this, iPlayer has disappeared from my quick access bar so I wonder it has just been updated? I will reboot and report back.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:31:29 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 2 mins ago  » 
    That's promising Graham, because last week you were unable to get it to work.
    From iPlayer settings /help, what big screen, build and framework is reported, please?
    While I have been typing this, iPlayer has disappeared from my quick access bar so I wonder it has just been updated? I will reboot and report back.

I can't get it to work, because the green button prompt never appears and pressing green is a prohibited key press. What makes you think it now works for me ?

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:34:48 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Sorry Graham, after seeing your next post I realized you were referring to your Freesat box.
    Still no change here after the reboot.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 9:37:56 #17 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

As to whether it started the programme. When I tried it on my LG on Breakfast, it certainly started it from the beginning.

Ah. Just tried the GB on Rip off Britain (just before it fished) on my LG and it didn't do anything, but a few seconds later the "Press green to watch from start" popup appeared and it worked.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 10:00:30 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

john1 - 1 hour ago  » 

Yes, Green button still works to cancel the Red Button prompt as has been the case for many years.

This thread, however, is about the use of the Green Button to return, via iPlayer, to the start of the programme which is playing. There used to be a prompt which came for it but not any more.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 10:44:15 #19 |
  10. Trev

Trev

special member

A1944 - 42 mins ago  » 

john1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    There used to be a prompt which came for it but not any more.

The prompt to play from the start appeared on both my LG and Samsung TVs at the end of Ripoff Britain this morning.
    Just pressing the GB on the LG towards the end of the programme failed (but worked on the Samsung), but it had worked on both earlier. By 'worked' I mean both showed iPlayer and restarted the programme.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 11:30:57 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.