My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

ITV - SD has disappeared

(96 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I wonder whether the beta test for the freezing problems on ArqA/Com5 - which is now redundant as the problem solved at transmission side - is the fix Humax are referring to. I only had a blank screen on ITV Be. With the test update - no blank screen. Is the ITV1/+1/3 blank screen the same as the ITV Be blank screen? If so, there maybe light at the end of the tunnel.

| Thu 5 Sep 2024 7:42:20 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

EEPhil - 2 hours ago  » 
    Is the ITV1/+1/3 blank screen the same as the ITV Be blank screen? If so, there maybe light at the end of the tunnel.

I would have expected that there would be a lot more reports if the ITV1 blank screen problem was widespread.

| Thu 5 Sep 2024 9:57:05 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike w

Is it restricted to those of us in the East? I notice two or three posters have indicated that's where they are - as am I.

| Thu 5 Sep 2024 10:04:47 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Razordogz

Mike w - 3 mins ago  » 
    Is it restricted to those of us in the East? I notice two or three posters have indicated that's where they are - as am I.

I believe it is as I'm also in the East Anglian region

| Thu 5 Sep 2024 10:09:10 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Neil4001

I also have this issue on ITV1 on my Aura box, can get it on HD though. I can also get ITV1 SD on my TV fine so the signal comes through OK on my TV, just not on the Aura

| Sun 8 Sep 2024 10:02:29 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Razordogz

Neil4001 - 12 mins ago  » 
    I also have this issue on ITV1 on my Aura box, can get it on HD though. I can also get ITV1 SD on my TV fine so the signal comes through OK on my TV, just not on the Aura

Yes, they're still working on a fix but if you contact support give them your Aura Serial number uksupport@humaxonline.co.uk then they'll send you the update when it's available. Out of curiosity, Are you in the East region of the UK? as it appears it's only the East part of the UK that's affected.

| Sun 8 Sep 2024 10:18:52 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GJK

How have you found out that they are working on a fix Razordogz? After reporting the problem to them they asked for my box's serial number but apart from that I've heard nothing. No mention of a possible fix.

| Sun 8 Sep 2024 11:04:33 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Razordogz

GJK - 5 mins ago  » 
    How have you found out that they are working on a fix Razordogz? After reporting the problem to them they asked for my box's serial number but apart from that I've heard nothing. No mention of a possible fix.

This is the email they sent me ...

Thank you for contacting Humax.

The Humax technical team is working on it as we speak. They’re trying to find the root cause of the problem so we just have to wait for information from the technical team about that. But, for right now, if you’re interested, would it be okay to get just a few information about your box? If I get specific information about your box, this will allow our technicians to push the updated application version specifically to your device.
    -> Serial # of aura 
    -> What channels are missing
    -> What’s been tried
    -> Postcode

Best Regards,

Marcus
    Humax Customer Support

| Sun 8 Sep 2024 11:10:15 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike w

Well, here's a thing! I emailed Humax, too. They wanted to know the serial number of my Aura. Because it's tucked away in a cabinet under the TV, this meant I had to disconnect everything (inc power) to pull the unit out. I put it back and reconnected. Hey presto! ITV 1 and 3 both back on SD (and HD, of course). No idea why that worked, or whether it's just coincidence or what, but maybe it will be helpful to others.

| Mon 9 Sep 2024 14:45:42 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Of course, you didn't need to disconnect everything. You can find the serial number using the remote! F/settings/Device Preferences/About/Status. But then you wouldn't have solved your problem.

| Mon 9 Sep 2024 14:56:23 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.