My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Jerky picture on live tv

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Hi, I have a 9300t recorder with an annoying fault. When watching live TV the picture and sound are jerky, as though parts of the signal have been lost. Recordings from a while ago play OK, I haven't tried to record and playback something since the problem started.

I thought it might be the signal from the aerial but the unit does the same thing at two different locations - it belongs to my aunt actually and the fault is the same at her house and mine. A Humax FVP 5000 on the same aerial at her house works well and the TV is OK when run directly from the aerial.

I suspect we have chunks of the digital signal going missing somewhere indicating a serious fault on the main board somewhere but can anyone cast any light on this fault?

| Tue 8 Jan 2019 15:27:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Delete all the channels and then retune. Don't just rescan and save over the currently stored channels.

| Tue 8 Jan 2019 15:44:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Thanks, I'll try that now and report back.

| Tue 8 Jan 2019 15:46:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Hi, deleted all channels then ran autotune - no change, it's still doing it.

| Tue 8 Jan 2019 15:56:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

batteryman - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi, deleted all channels then ran autotune - no change, it's still doing it.

It would be better to do a manual tune using these instructions: http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/week-old-9300t-and-epg-wont-fill-up-for-week#post-7097

| Tue 8 Jan 2019 20:09:49 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Hi, deleted all channels again and did a manual tune. Fault still there on BBC1, not tried other channels but I'm assuming this is a decoder/signal problem in hardware rather than any tuning issue. It's as though a chunk of the digital signal goes missing which is why the picture and sound jerk in real time.

Incidentally, the post referred to was about the epg not being populated - mine is.

| Wed 9 Jan 2019 10:13:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Just an update. Changing the hard drive has made no difference to this fault. I assume it's either on the tuner/rf input board or the main pcb.

Anyone any other ideas?

| Wed 9 Jan 2019 13:40:32 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

It is not clear that the manual tuning achieved what was intended. From what you have said it could still be a tuning issue.

When you manually tuned which transmitter did you tune to?
    Where there any transmitter choices when you went to the digitaluk web-site as per the manual tuning instructions?

Also after tuning when viewing either the TV channel list or the radio channel list were there any TV channels with up in the 800s, or radio channels up in the 800s?

If you are watching BBC1 and go to the Signal Detection menu what is the channel number it displays at the top of the TV?

| Wed 9 Jan 2019 14:27:15 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

First of all, my postcode is WN2, local transmitter is Winter Hill, about 6 miles as the crow flies.

On signal detection page for bbc1 the channel is 50 (706000kHz 8k 1/32) with signal strength 80% and quality 100%.

I manually tuned to channels 37,49, 50, 54, 58 and 59 although there were no tv or radio channels detected on one of them (54 I think). The last tv channel in the epg listing is 795 and the last radio channel is 732 - none in the 800's. I'm pretty certain I'm tuning into Winter Hill and nothing else.

I suspect a hardware issue.

| Wed 9 Jan 2019 15:15:35 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Yes, those are the correct channels for WH. You need not expect anything on 54 as that is an HD Mux and the box is SD only.

| Wed 9 Jan 2019 19:10:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.