My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Lost signal

(47 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I suspect that you have not done anything wrong, but are suffering the rather unpredictable atmospheric conditions. That can result in one or more Mux disappearing one minute and a different group minutes later.

Assuming that this is the cause, which seems quite likely at present, you will just have be patient and hope it settles down again soon.

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 15:39:14 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

meadfoot

I see a message has been put put in various places to not retune TVs this week due to the atmospheric conditions. Here's one

Could this be it I wonder as the evenings are cooler and so don't get as many problems.

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 15:40:24 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Very wise advice

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 15:41:42 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

matty64Hull

- Thanks- I suppose that’s good to know in a way it’s just strange how some programs are getting through and not others I said I can’t get any BBC programmes or ITV,2,3 etc?

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 15:42:07 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Yes Matty, that is typical of atmospheric problems.

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 15:44:43 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

https://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_nwe.html

This site shows the level of activity over the next few days. The brighter the colours, the greater the chance of problems.

Tap/click on the image to move on by 3-6 hours.

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 15:48:27 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

If you take the aerial input out of the 5000T and plug it direct into the TV, remove the RF cable loop.
    And without retuning is your TV getting signals for all muxes / channels?

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 15:49:42 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

matty64Hull

Hi VitaminD, Unfortunately, I can't easily swap cables on the back of my TV. It's on the wall and is a 60" one so a bit awkward for me to lift on and off on my own...

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 15:55:20 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

matty64Hull - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi Martin, it’s all a bit strange last night I managed to be able to watch all of Programmes. I wanted BBC One, Quest,ch4…this morning non of those. just going through the channels now first one works is That’s Tv. Sky arts,now Quest is back on-QVC,Really… So as I said, I am getting a signal from the box to the TV do you think I have pressed something in settings?

No I don't think it is anything you have done; as others have suggested it is probably due to the unusual atmospheric conditions. You might try talking to an aerial installer to see if a different aerial would help. Have you tried talking to the neighbours to see if they all have the same problem when viewing TV via an aerial?

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 16:07:51 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Unplugging the two aerial cables on the 5000T and plugging them into each other will achieve the same result, though I suspect it will not help you, especially if you happen to have already tried retuning the TV since the problem began.

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 16:08:52 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.