My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Lost signal

(47 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

matty64Hull

What happens when you retune A1944 ?(not factory…)

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 17:47:01 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

matty64Hull

I now have 2 tuners…

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 18:25:25 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

matty64Hull

Twice I’ve tried to add attachments- no joy?

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 18:25:55 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

The number of tuners you are seeing is meaningless as it depends upon what you are trying to do in terms of recordings/watching. Forget the number of tuners as it is just a distraction. Instead, concentrate on which channels you can see in the EPG, even if it says "No programme information".

When you retune under normal conditions, your box will search through each of the multiplexes (Mux) for your best transmitter and store all the TV/Radio channels for each one.

However, when the present situation exists, some of the Mux will be hidden by interference from distant transmitters and none of the channels for those Mux will be stored. Which are hidden may change from minute to minute.

If you retune under normal conditions, you will have all the required channels stored and, if things get difficult you do nothing, your channels will automatically return because the place markers are already stored.

However, if you retune under difficult conditions, any Mux which is being hidden by interference will have its channel place markers removed forever and they will not reappear when conditions return to normal and you will need to retune again to get them back.

As your username suggests that you are in Hull, I suspect that you are using the Belmont transmitter in Lincolnshire and your aerial is probably also roughly pointed towards the London transmitter at Crystal Palace which uses the same frequencies as Belmont, hence the potential for interference.

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 19:09:06 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

matty64Hull

Thanks for that -It’s not important at the moment, obviously till the weather changes but for some reason my BBC is set to East I think the ITV is slips of Yorkshire to Anglia. Will I be able to change these back in the future easily?

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 19:36:35 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

matty64Hull - 15 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for that -It’s not important at the moment, obviously till the weather changes but for some reason my BBC is set to East I think the ITV is slips of Yorkshire to Anglia. Will I be able to change these back in the future easily?

Until conditions return to normal, that is difficult to answer.

In the meantime, a rough check on the state of things is to check whether you are seeing the following:

BBC 1 SD. No. 001 Mux BBC A
    BBC 1 HD. No. 101 Mux BBC B
    ITV 1 SD. No. 003 Mux D3&4
    Sky Arts No. 011 Mux ARQ A
    Quest No. 012 Mux ARQ B
    Drama No. 020 Mux SDN

If you can see all of those on the EPG, you are mainly back to normal, but it will involve many retunes in the meantime.

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 20:00:29 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

matty64Hull

BBC sd & hd nothing ,ITV sd no, sky arts, quest& drama all on ok

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 22:26:59 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Keep trying. Having originally retuned when you lost the signals, you will only get them all back by repeated retuning.

Once you see them all - Stop retuning.

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 23:01:45 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

matty64Hull

Thanks again for your help

| Thu 7 Sep 2023 23:03:25 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Have you managed to get things back as they should be?

The tropospheric conditions which result in interference should have settled by now with the high pressure having receded.

| Wed 13 Sep 2023 13:52:23 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.