My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Motion "stutters" when playing MKV files.

(30 posts)
  1. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the advice, but I think that it is a little too involved to be a regular task.

I can't understand why a format that is so popular has such a major shortcoming.

My son is going to bring his PS4 round, to see if the extra processing power can manage to play them better.

The file I converted to 50hz with All Video Converter plays perfectly, so I think that might have to be my solution for now.

Once I get the input and output paths set up it should be relatively easy to get the conversions going, then leave the PC to it, while I get on with something else.

Regards,

Paul

| Sat 9 Mar 2019 12:32:01 #11 |
  2. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Hi Again Graham,

I wondered if bypassing the Humax altogether might improve my play back issues.

My TV can play Video from USB or streamed, Could you please look at the LG information page below and see if you think that would be any better, and which file format would be best.

LG

Regards,

Paul

| Sat 9 Mar 2019 15:24:39 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulrichardson - 42 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Again Graham,
    I wondered if bypassing the Humax altogether might improve my play back issues.
    My TV can play Video from USB or streamed, Could you please look at the LG information page below and see if you think that would be any better, and which file format would be best.
    LG
    Regards,
    Paul

Can only suggest you try it. There is no information re-supported refresh rates. Guessing a TV designed for the UK will be 25/50Hz so you are likely to experience similar. It will do 24fps using HDMI trick is finding a media player that outputs 24 fps.

In about 10 mins I will have a 1080p24 file converted to 1080p50 using Videoredo TVsuite 5.

| Sat 9 Mar 2019 16:13:05 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I misled you. My LG Blu-ray will play 1080p24 at 24 fps. The issue is with 29.97 content like US TV. The converted file looks worse than the original 1080p24 one on the file I was using for a test.

| Sat 9 Mar 2019 17:38:55 #14 |
  5. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Hi Graham,
    No Problem, I don't think it's possible to mislead me, when I have no idea where I'm going Ha Ha.
    I tried Videoredo TVsuite 5 but it wasn't any faster (on my PC) than AVC.
    I'll let you know how I get on with the PS4 when I've tried it (I think my son is coming round on Monday Evening.
    Regards,
    Paul

| Sat 9 Mar 2019 18:02:08 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulrichardson - 54 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    No Problem, I don't think it's possible to mislead me, when I have no idea where I'm going Ha Ha.
    I tried Videoredo TVsuite 5 but it wasn't any faster (on my PC) than AVC.
    I'll let you know how I get on with the PS4 when I've tried it (I think my son is coming round on Monday Evening.
    Regards,
    Paul

VRD TV Suite is brilliant for removing ads from recordings. It only recodes at cuts so is lightning fast. In this case the whole file needs to be re-coded. It took about 1.5 hrs to re-code a 1H 40 min movie on my fast CORE I7 laptop with a 2TB C: fast SSD Windows drive.

It boots Windows 10 in about 5 seconds.

Problem with most games consoles is they generally only support FAT32 formatted drives. FAT32 has a individual file size limit of 1 byte less than 4GB, so Gone With The Wind is a no no

My grandson has an X-Box I have to keep a Fat32 pen drive so he can use it.

What's Fie System on the USB device you are using to playback from ?

| Sat 9 Mar 2019 19:01:28 #16 |
  7. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Hi Graham,
    I'll have to reformat my stick (it's NTFS at the moment) so as you say, no Gone with the Wind.
    I've got two versions of a file to test, one at 24fps and one that I recoded to 50fps.
    There is a light aircraft flying through the opening scenes and at 24, it goes by in a series of jerks, at 50 it's really smooth.
    Both play the same on my PC, which is a bit annoying.
    Regards,
    Paul

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 11:44:55 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulrichardson - 39 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    I'll have to reformat my stick (it's NTFS at the moment) so as you say, no Gone with the Wind.
    I've got two versions of a file to test, one at 24fps and one that I recoded to 50fps.
    There is a light aircraft flying through the opening scenes and at 24, it goes by in a series of jerks, at 50 it's really smooth.
    Both play the same on my PC, which is a bit annoying.
    Regards,
    Paul

Doesn't your PC have HDMI out ?

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 12:25:15 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Have you tried installing Plex Media Server on your PC and Plex Player (from the LG app store)? This way you can stream directly from your computer to to your TV.

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 14:05:34 #19 |
  10. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

Doesn't your PC have HDMI out ?

No HDMI on it, it's an HP "all in one" nothing much in the way of ports, just network, USB's and speaker.

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 16:05:39 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.