My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

My5 problem

(57 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

David T

SSThing - 34 mins ago  » 

Trev - 42 mins ago  » 
    Crumbs. Why ion earth all these "Me too" posts about a known problem?

Why not?
    In my experience both Humax and the BBC regularly try to suggest that I am the only person reporting a problem, so it helps to point them to our forums so that they can see otherwise.

Also,I believe sofware updates have been issued which sorted the problem for some, but not others,like ourselves, so helps to keep us on the radar.

| Mon 30 Mar 2020 11:02:34 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

David T - 55 mins ago  » 
    Also,I believe sofware updates have been issued which sorted the problem for some, but not others,like ourselves, so helps to keep us on the radar.

Whose radar? When Barry stood down I think we lost the only person who had any real contact with Humax.

| Mon 30 Mar 2020 11:59:10 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

That's why it can't hurt to direct them to the forum. Whether they take any notice is debatable.

| Mon 30 Mar 2020 14:20:40 #43 |
  4. ajmcfarlane

ajmcfarlane

| Mon 30 Mar 2020 15:17:53 #44 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

I think emails to their CEO or repeated calls to their customer services might be more productive. I would suspect that even if you point them at the forum (or any other) they are not going to take any notice of that either.

| Mon 30 Mar 2020 16:11:02 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

I have this problem and contacted channel 5 they have replied to me indicating that it is a problem at their end not the Humax side of things. they said they are actively working on a solution.

| Fri 1 May 2020 20:24:59 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

harrisjj87

hi guys
    just to let you know regarding my5
    i have the same issue on 1100s freesat....i think it effects all platforms :cry:

| Wed 6 May 2020 21:48:24 #47 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

Nope. But it does seem to affect Humaxes. And they know all about it. CH5 and Humax are pointing the finger at each other.

| Wed 6 May 2020 23:22:51 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Trev - 7 hours ago  » 
    Nope. But it does seem to affect Humaxes. And they know all about it. CH5 and Humax are pointing the finger at each other.

In the latest email I have from C5 they seem to acknowledge that it is a problem at their end. This is what they've written...

"We have been aware of problems with the My5 app on Humax devices for a little while now and released a fix a few weeks ago that we had hoped would resolve some of these issues. Whilst that did seem to work for some, there were still issues being reported since then so we have continued to look into this.

We have now been able to recreate some of these further issues that had been reported and this has been passed to our Dev Team to work on a fix for this as a priority. I don't have a timescale for this work at present but they are actively working to put a resolution in place as we appreciate how frustrating this is and want to get it sorted as soon as possible.

I will come back to you as soon I have any further update on this but apologise again for the problems you've been having with it."

| Thu 7 May 2020 6:40:30 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

fairfieldfive

I'll join the queue of frustrated Humax users (4000t for me) with Freeview Play. iPlayer takes three minutes to load, ITV more, All4 even more and My5 not at all.
    Humax talks of a 'known problem' without a timescale for fixing it.
    I have complained more formally and suggested that their product has become unfit for purpose within the terms of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and that unless a solution is found within 'a reasonable time' I shall demand a full refund.
    Worth a punt - might just spur them into activity.

| Tue 19 May 2020 11:17:19 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.