My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Netflix and NOW TV

(67 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 mins ago  » 

Yan2k - 1 week ago  » 
    So those wanting NOW TV then follow below link to YouTube and then in description is a direct link to the needed APK file. Working for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK1QMCxkuas
    For Netflix I used the below link and followed the instructions using ESN “NFANDROID1-PRV-0-FVP4KGTR-HUMAXDIGITALFVP4KGTR-15265-“
    I’m presuming the 15265 number isn’t unique to just my Aura box but is the same for all of them.

| Tue 9 Mar 2021 20:32:40 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 57 secs ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 mins ago  » 

Yan2k - 1 week ago  » 
    So those wanting NOW TV then follow below link to YouTube and then in description is a direct link to the needed APK file. Working for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK1QMCxkuas
    For Netflix I used the below link and followed the instructions using ESN “NFANDROID1-PRV-0-FVP4KGTR-HUMAXDIGITALFVP4KGTR-15265-“
    I’m presuming the 15265 number isn’t unique to just my Aura box but is the same for all of them.

Not surprising

Max NOW TV premium subscription is 1080p DD 5.1.

Why would Sky give you 4K on NOW TV or Atmos audio either

You need Disney plus on something like a 4K firestick to enable the Atmos metadata and of course a Atmos capable decoding device.

| Tue 9 Mar 2021 20:37:09 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yan2k

grahamlthompson - 6 hours ago  » 

Yan2k - 1 week ago  » 
    You need Disney plus on something like a 4K firestick to enable the Atmos metadata and of course a Atmos capable decoding device.

I was referring to Netflix not NOW TV

Anyway what I’ve noticed so far

On my LG TV with built in apps connected to my Denon AV receiver

Netflix, Amazon, Disney+ = Atmos

On the Aura box

Amazon = Atmos
    Netflix, Disney+ = DD+ only

| Wed 10 Mar 2021 2:42:25 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mattsan1

Is there a Now TV APK name/version number I can Google to find the necessary file download now the link has been removed from Youtube?

| Sat 13 Mar 2021 22:43:37 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rob.marshall2

Could you share the link with me too please?

| Tue 16 Mar 2021 21:43:20 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

Does NowTV support their Boost addon like this, ie does it give you 1080p, or is it limited to the standard 720p Now TV has without the addon?
    Thanks

| Tue 23 Mar 2021 10:48:38 #16 |
  7. Mars

Mars

special member

Finchy313 - 22 mins ago  » 
    Does NowTV support their Boost addon like this, ie does it give you 1080p, or is it limited to the standard 720p Now TV has without the addon?
    Thanks

I don't know about the app, but the Now TV boost is supported when casting Now TV to the Aura. Watching the cricket at the moment, the source is shown as 1920x1080@50fps.

| Tue 23 Mar 2021 11:14:43 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mattsan1

I've tried a couple of versions of the NowTV app side-loaded onto the Aura (2.17.0 & 2.19.0) and both work fine (inc 1080p with Boost).

However, after using either, I find the box is left unstable (one tuner repeatedly turns itself off after 20 secs causing a black screen when on Live TV and I get failed recordings due to 'lack of power') only fixed with a full restart...

Have others found this and, if so, is there a work-around beyond remembering to force a restart each time I exit the app?

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 7:49:28 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yan2k

Not something I've encountered but then I don't use NOW TV that much + I've been somewhat disappointed by the Aura that I've gone back to using the inbuilt Apps on my LG TV and my HDR-FOX T2. At least until the beta updates become general release which should improve some things especially in regards to TV favourites and stability.

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 12:54:14 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

RGMax

Mattsan1 - 6 days ago  » 
    I've tried a couple of versions of the NowTV app - I find the box is left unstable - Have others found this

Yes, I have the same experience with the NowTV app. The app itself works fine, but using it seems to corrupt the use of the FreeviewPlay app and live TV goes to a black screen after a variable amount of time 15-60 secs and no doubt messes up a few other processes. The only remedy is a full reboot. 'Restart apps' a new option on the beta doesn't fix it. Best to only use when the box isn't recording anything. Netflix and Britbox apks appear to be stable.

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 22:37:57 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.