My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Netflix and NOW TV

(67 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

It is blanking when it does a change in resolution or frame rate. Test it with a set setting eg 1080p60hz.

Also sometimes hdmi cable can cause this make sure you are using high speed cable hdmi cables.

Thanks

| Sun 4 Apr 2021 23:21:28 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mattsan1

A5ian300zx - 8 hours ago  » 
    It is blanking when it does a change in resolution or frame rate. Test it with a set setting eg 1080p60hz.
    Also sometimes hdmi cable can cause this make sure you are using high speed cable hdmi cables.
    Thanks

I don't think it relates to frame-rate changes or cables.

After using the app, regular live channels work fine initially but then just lose picture and sound after a random length of time (between 10 - 30 seconds). The screen is black as far as the programme is concerned but on screen graphics still work. It is like the tuner has died.

Recordings also randomly fail too with a message that it was due to a power failure.

An alternative to restarting the box seems to be to force close the NowTV app.

I think the NowTV app is still running in the background (however it is exited) and it seems to be causing one tuner to switch off or an instability in the Freeview Live app...

For now I have reverted to using our Roku for NowTV but will keep hoping for a fix as I hate that I am down to a single unsupported service on the Aura...

Is there any news as to when/whether NowTV might be officially supported?

Looking back through this and other forums I can see that in the early days both NowTV and Humax seemed to think it was, or would be, but then the app seems to have been quietly removed from the app store and all went quiet on it...

(And it sounds like the same problem is described in this thread from a couple of weeks ago: https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/live-tv-1 )

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 7:38:49 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A5ian300zx

Sounds like a software issue but hdmi cables do play a part when I had my video processor and had similar issues I was advised to change the hdmi cables to high speed ones 2 meters which resolved the issue for me back then, some now advise that you need 4k certified hdmi cables.

If you go into apps then go to nowtv and press and hold OK on the remote it will bring up a menu and then go into INFO and then you can force closet the app, you can also download utilities that can provide some info to background processes.

I am on the beta software and have not noticed any blanks screens on mine, did have pixelation issue which was resolved by the beta software.

I also have other android based devices Sony TV, nvidia shield so I can compare the aura to.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 9:25:26 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mattsan1

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately neither swapping to 4K HDMI cables or using a fixed frequency have worked.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the new firmware (when it arrives) fixes the glitch.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 13:32:53 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rob.marshall2

I get the same blank screen on live TV intermittently after using the Plex app, I think this is a general bug rather than app specific.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 16:39:53 #25 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Comment from programmer:

New version of player from PLEX app does not close Audio device when exit, and it causes various problems.

If users stop the video before exiting from PLEX (e.g. stop video before pressing LIVE key or HOME key), then the problems can be avoided.

We’ll check further what we can do in firmware level.

| Wed 7 Apr 2021 10:54:03 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rich19861112

I have this issue as well. Run now tv. Works fine. Go to watch freeview. Works OK for 20 seconds then screen goes black. Recordings fail. Only way to stop it is to force stop the now tv app or restart the box.

Anyone know of a better fix?

| Mon 12 Apr 2021 9:24:48 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

sjt8

Try turning off AVI Infoframe maybe? I had a lot of issues with my box since the Jan(?) update and eventually tracked it down to AVI Infoframe. Things like switching from SD to HD would freeze the video and audio (sometimes only one or the other). Yet the box was still able to output video (like the iplayer overlay banner and menus, and apps like Disney+ would still work).

I eventually found that if the box was stuck like this, cycling the HDMI input on my soundbar would unfreeze the video output (even power down did not always work). I assume something in my setup doesn't play nicely with the Aura when Infoframe is enabled. Humax support had me trying a whole load of stuff (factory default, attenuator, manual retune MUXes). I did report back how I got it working though (i.e. turn off Infoframe), so might be worth a try to see if it fixes your issue?

| Tue 13 Apr 2021 13:33:21 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mattsan1

sjt8 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Try turning off AVI Infoframe maybe? I had a lot of issues with my box since the Jan(?) update and eventually tracked it down to AVI Infoframe.

I did report back how I got it working though (i.e. turn off Infoframe), so might be worth a try to see if it fixes your issue?

Nope - just tried this but unfortunately the problem remains with the infoframe turned off..

It does sound ever so like the PLEX issue outlined above but stopping the video and exiting the NOW TV app doesn't resolve it. A force close of the app is still needed...

Hopefully Humax will do something in the firmware that fully kills all closed apps before too long.

| Tue 13 Apr 2021 18:29:51 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yan2k

Yan2k - 1 mnth ago  » 
    So those wanting NOW TV then follow below link to YouTube and then in description is a direct link to the needed APK file. Working for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK1QMCxkuas
    For Netflix I used the below link and followed the instructions using ESN “NFANDROID1-PRV-0-FVP4KGTR-HUMAXDIGITALFVP4KGTR-15265-“
    I’m presuming the 15265 number isn’t unique to just my Aura box but is the same for all of them.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-mod-netflix-6-1-3-build-2482-atv-for-uncertified-devices-by-netflix.4232373/
    It is limited to 1080, HDR, 5.1
    NO 4k or Atmos
    I would provide direct links to the APK files but not sure if allowed to on the forum.

Ok since original post the NOW TV apk is no longer available so if you are after it or the Netflix apk then post here and someone may be able to pass them on.

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 8:08:36 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.