My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Netflix and NOW TV

(67 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yan2k

Mattsan1 - 13 hours ago  » 

Nope - just tried this but unfortunately the problem remains with the infoframe turned off..
    It does sound ever so like the PLEX issue outlined above but stopping the video and exiting the NOW TV app doesn't resolve it. A force close of the app is still needed...
    Hopefully Humax will do something in the firmware that fully kills all closed apps before too long.

Not something ive come across but then i very rarely use the NOW TV app and when i do its more likely to be the one on my TV then the Aura box

| Wed 14 Apr 2021 8:12:44 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rich19861112

Anyone know if the latest updates have fixed the now tv issue? Noticed my box updated with a different frontend in the last day

| Sat 24 Apr 2021 11:28:53 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

Ok since original post the NOW TV apk is no longer available so if you are after it or the Netflix apk then post here and someone may be able to pass them on.

Does that older apk still work since Now TV rebranded to Now and updated all their apps?

| Sun 25 Apr 2021 9:45:03 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveNotts

Finchy313 - 5 hours ago  » 

Ok since original post the NOW TV apk is no longer available so if you are after it or the Netflix apk then post here and someone may be able to pass them on.

Does that older apk still work since Now TV rebranded to Now and updated all their apps?

Still working for me but just not updated to new Logo.

Is there a newer APK?

| Sun 25 Apr 2021 14:49:03 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

My Sony Bravia TV has a newer version and from what I can tell it was that version that was being used.

| Sun 25 Apr 2021 17:15:26 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Interested to try Now TV. I have the Netflix apk and that is working well. Where can I locate the latest NOW TV apk to try please?

| Sun 23 May 2021 12:54:28 #36 |
  7. ssenior45

ssenior45

MattB1 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Interested to try Now TV. I have the Netflix apk and that is working well. Where can I locate the latest NOW TV apk to try please?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nowtv/comments/m5v570/wanted_nowtv_uk_apk/

| Sun 23 May 2021 17:54:22 #37 |
  8. freddyfruitbat

freddyfruitbat

I'm keen to try sideloading the Netflix app and have obtained the APK file which is now on a USB drive plugged into my Aura.

I've installed Xplore File Manager in order to run the APK file, however I cannot find the USB drive within that to navigate to the APK. All the Aura internal drives and folders etc, but no USB. What am I missing please?

I've tried using both USB sockets; using a different USB drive (which has an LED which illuminates as expected when I plug it in) and have also tried a different file manager app; all with the same non-result.

Any ideas please?

| Sat 29 May 2021 12:42:03 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

freddyfruitbat - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've installed Xplore File Manager in order to run the APK file, however I cannot find the USB drive within that to navigate to the APK. All the Aura internal drives and folders etc, but no USB. What am I missing please?
    I've tried using both USB sockets; using a different USB drive (which has an LED which illuminates as expected when I plug it in) and have also tried a different file manager app; all with the same non-result.

What file system is the USB drive using?

| Sat 29 May 2021 14:26:09 #39 |
  10. freddyfruitbat

freddyfruitbat

Martin Liddle - 20 mins ago  » 

freddyfruitbat - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've installed Xplore File Manager in order to run the APK file, however I cannot find the USB drive within that to navigate to the APK. All the Aura internal drives and folders etc, but no USB.

What file system is the USB drive using?

Ah. FAT32. But now, NFTS, and the USB drive has miraculously appeared, thanks!

However nothing's ever that simple is it, and when I try to run the file Netflix.HUMAXDIGITAL.FVP4KGTR.apk through X-Plore I am rewarded with "There was a problem with parsing the package". Same problem with the NOW TV apk, as well.

I'm way out of my comfort zone here I'm afraid - no clue where to go from here! Help please?

(The two apks were kindly sent to me by a user on this forum about a month ago, if that makes any difference?)

| Sat 29 May 2021 14:52:26 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.