My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Netflix and NOW TV

(67 posts)
  1. freddyfruitbat

freddyfruitbat

freddyfruitbat - 21 hours ago  » 
    "There was a problem with parsing the package".

Am pleased to say that I've been able to solve this problem and all is now working well... I thought I'd just follow up on this thread for the benefit of anybody else experiencing the same issue.

Turns out the problem was a permissions issue... under "Settings" > "Apps" > "Permissions" it's necessary to enable your chosen file manager to do its thing.

Maybe should have been obvious, I suppose, but that error message seems a very poor one to me for such a basic issue. Why not "you don't have the necessary permissions to do this", or something? Or is that just me being used to Microsoft and Apple software?!

| Sun 30 May 2021 12:04:49 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruffage

What version of Netflix are you running please? Is the 5.1 consistent across all films?

| Sun 30 May 2021 15:11:14 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

ssenior45 - 1 week ago  » 

MattB1 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Interested to try Now TV. I have the Netflix apk and that is working well. Where can I locate the latest NOW TV apk to try please?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nowtv/comments/m5v570/wanted_nowtv_uk_apk/

We've been using this for a few days and it works well. (Mainly because my daughters wanted to watch the Friends Reunion on Skyone)

Like others have reported, if you play another inside the Now app, then exit, it causes problems with the Aura box. I have tried pressing STOP when watching the Now stream, and then using the back button until it asks if I want to leave the App, thinking this is the "nice" way to leave the app, but unfortunately it still seems to leave things running in background. When ever you do afterwards, seems to work for 30 seconds and then stops. Only way to resolve is to reboot the Aura box.

Fingers crossed that Humax can do something on their end to solve this or better still we get an approved Aura Now application.

| Mon 31 May 2021 10:17:48 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruffage

The sideloaded Netflix app now streams 5.1 audio on all videos since the Aura was recently updated with more passthrough codecs. However the picture is still very soft.
    I compared its output to the official APK running on my nVidia shield, and the test pattern reports only running at 960x540, or qHD as it's also known.

Considering I'm on a 1080 display will be why the PQ is naff due to the upscaling.

Anyone with a proper 1080 Netflix APK?

| Tue 22 Jun 2021 13:22:33 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruffage

ruffage - 1 hour ago  » 
    The sideloaded Netflix app now streams 5.1 audio on all videos since the Aura was recently updated with more passthrough codecs. However the picture is still very soft.
    I compared its output to the official APK running on my nVidia shield, and the test pattern reports only running at 960x540, or qHD as it's also known.
    Considering I'm on a 1080 display will be why the PQ is naff due to the upscaling.
    Anyone with a proper 1080 Netflix APK?

After more tinkering and research it seems my ESN wasn't correct, even though the app loaded successfully. Therefore Netflix wasn't doing the DRM check and not putting out 1080. Corrected the ESN, re-compiled the APK, and everything is 1080 finally.

| Tue 22 Jun 2021 14:55:21 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Okay so maybe I am not the most tech minded however when I look at the forum to find the app to sideload Netflix I have no idea which I am supposed to download any help would be greatly appreciated?

| Tue 2 Nov 2021 9:31:42 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Drewby

Thanks Yan2K, I followed the instructions on XDA and I've compiled the APK for installation.

| Wed 3 Nov 2021 15:37:25 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ecoexplorer

Hi, I had a compiled version of netflix working fine on my Aura till today, then suddenly it stopped working but as I am blind I cannot read the eror message...I have been through the forum and diidn't see anythign different from last time so please could someone help me diagnose and make a compiled one that actually works? Husband is addicted to Netflix andisn't happy you see lol.

| Thu 4 Nov 2021 16:44:08 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Drewby

I got the same problem this morning with Netflix not working any more. It was working from the XDA compiled version.

Netflix has encountered an error. Retrying in 15 seconds. Code: NW-6-404

The extended error is

ESN

NFANDROID1-PRV-0-FVP4KGTR-HUMAXDIGITALFVP4KGTR-15265

Software version

8.1.2-3844 R 2020.1 android-28-JPLAYER2==humaxdigital/fvp4kgtr/ fvp4kgtr:9/PTT1.190528.001/00.09.21:user/release-keys

Netflix version

nrdapp 2020.1.3.1. / nrdlib 2020.1.3.1./mdxlib 2020.1.3.1.

Platform version

Android Ninja - 8.1.2 - 3844 - humaxdigital/fvp4kgtr/fvp4kgtr:9/ PTT1.190528.001/00.09.21:user/release-keys- release - 44 - ninja - nrdp toolchain-android22-arm-20.1@31

Device model

humaxdigit_FVP-4KGTR

| Sun 7 Nov 2021 10:34:25 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Drewby

Good news, there’s a fix. I’ll build a new APK this afternoon. The fix is in page 41 of the XDA thread at the beginning of this topic.

ianmcq28 said:
    I can confirm the NFANDROID1-PRV-E-FVP4KGTR-HUMAXDIGITALFVP4KGTR-15265 for Humax Aura works

Changed PRV-0 to PRV-E

(I'm in UK, VPN bypassing Netflix)

If you're struggling follow the build 3844 instructions on page 1 - download BatchApktool and go from there

To get ESN follow the Netflix Certification Bypass Patcher 1.E14 instructions to get this (again on page 1).

Use the ESN in the BatchApktool method, changing the PRV-0 to PRV-E, and making sure the last - is kept

So: "NFANDROID1-PRV-E-FVP4KGTR-HUMAXDIGITALFVP4KGTR-15265-"

Uninstall old version on device and install new APK with adblink or similar

Thanks to all!

| Sun 7 Nov 2021 13:04:48 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.