My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New Firmware update (Software version 1.00.73)

(36 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ikran

from Humax site regarding update:

New Features and Improvements
    -. ITV Hub issue is fixed. (Opera patch applied)
    -. HD Channel missing issue is fixed.
    -. BBC Live Restart fail issue is fixed.
    -. Network Connectivity Improved.
    -. iPlayer launch hangs after switching to Wi-Fi issue is fixed
    -. ALL4 Performance Improved.
    -. HRA Audio & Flac codec supported (up to 96khz)

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 21:13:48 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Gazman
    Mine has updated to the latest firmware but sadly made no difference. I still have to unplug every day

Do a test. Unplug the HDMI cable fully and connect it by RCA (3 x phone-like cables). Does it still do it?

If you don't have RCA cables, and must use HDMI, then be sure that the TV HDMI Auto ON/OFF (called Viera Link on my Panasonic Viera TV) is set to "Do not use". Does it still do it?

If you have another screen, try it - the ON/OFF problem is limited to certain brands? makes? models? of TVs.

If it still does it after those tests, contact Humax.

| Mon 8 Feb 2016 19:07:50 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

Well...... not wanting to tempt fate by typing this but...... mine has started up everytime for the past week regardless of if it's recording or not. Fingers crossed.

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 8:01:00 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Mine wouldn't start last night. It was connected by HDMI to my Panasonic Viera and the Viera Link was set to ON. It had started recording one channel about 10 minutes before I tried to switch it on. I switched off the Viera Link and it came on after several more button presses.

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 9:50:35 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

surfer

I just cant get this thing to update, I'm trying via usb, I've tried two sticks in either usb port, but all's I get when I insert them is to pick video, music or photo, the box doesn't appear to be seeing the update file!

Can anyone help, I'm going spare here with this thing!

I've followed the humax procedure, but it just keeps "checking for update" going round and round like its always done!

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 18:56:55 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

surfer

Sod it!, had to try factory reset, which at least got me the update in the end, thank you again Humax!

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 19:32:30 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

maninfrontoftv

Alex4000 - 1 week ago  » 

I have not noticed any other changes to the operation of the FVP - in particular the Genre search on the Schedule appears still to be limited to the next 6 or so hours.

For information, the Genre Search issue isn't a bug, it is just "different" to previous models.
    See my post #12 in this Search by Genre thread

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 20:57:47 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

surfer

Even after this update, the check for software update still hangs the machine, and only pulling the plug, gets things back to normal, come on Humax I've had this fault since October last year!

| Tue 16 Feb 2016 15:05:30 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

superbarEo

I noticed on this update that if you now press the guide button and when guide is up, hold the right > key down it will then display the next 7 days dates and you can select a day to jump to instead of going up 1hr at a time.

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 5:28:48 #29 |
  10. Davygogs

Davygogs

superbarEo - 2 hours ago  » 
    I noticed on this update that if you now press the guide button and when guide is up, hold the right > key down it will then display the next 7 days dates and you can select a day to jump to instead of going up 1hr at a time.

Mines done that from day one. Thats how i set series record for upcoming series etc.

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 8:23:04 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.