My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New - FVP 5000T

(389 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Hi dogtanian.
    Just like you I was waiting to see how the first reports on the 5000t was.
    However after keeping an eye on this forum, and in particular Barry, and all the other special members I went ahead and bought one.
    As you can see from my posts I'm really pleased with mine.
    I got the 2 tb model which is the same price as the 2TB model of the 4000t.
    If I was asked if I would recommend mine I would without hesitation.
    On the remote all you must remember is the O K button is a key interactive button. Also the Freeview play button also gives you a way to do several things, including going into the settings mode.
    I hope I've been of some help.

| Tue 24 Oct 2017 9:03:35 #91 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Just one more thing, The recordings button is also the gateway for everything to do with recordings including the schedule list as well.

| Tue 24 Oct 2017 10:37:45 #92 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dogtanian

Ok, thanks for the info, I am with Virgin Media atm and out of contract soon so I'll see what they have to offer, if I don't stay with them I'll be looking to get one of these new boxes

| Tue 24 Oct 2017 17:49:56 #93 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

your very welcome.

| Tue 24 Oct 2017 19:13:29 #94 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

iomegachris

I’m keen to upgrade to the new Humax FVP-5000T with the 2TB storage option.

I’m currently using an ancient Humax HDR-Fox T2 which has performed flawlessly since I bought it in 2010. (Interesting to note the purchase price for the 500GB option was the same as the new 2TB unit bought direct from Humax - £299).

The HDR-Fox T2 is currently filled with recorded programmes I have not yet got round to watching and I also have a 1TB plug-in Western Digital USB drive I use to keep permanent archive recordings of ‘keeper’ programmes.

Is there anyway to transfer these over to the new Humax? I read somewhere that each recording is coded to only work through the original unit so I’m guessing that I will lose the ability to watch them, but I just wondered if Humax (or a 3rd party) have a utility to convert them for transfer.

| Thu 26 Oct 2017 8:55:57 #95 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. Head over to Hummy.TV. Locate and read the thread things all HDR-FOX-T2 owners should know. Recordings made in SD and copied to usb should play back on the 5000T using USB and most likely can be played back direct from a home network using the 5000T DLNA client and the HDR FOX T2 DLNA server.

| Thu 26 Oct 2017 10:13:35 #96 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Recordings made in SD and copied to usb should play back on the 5000T using USB and most likely can be played back direct from a home network using the 5000T DLNA client and the HDR FOX T2 DLNA server.

Both options will work for SD.

| Thu 26 Oct 2017 10:26:37 #97 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 57 seconds ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Recordings made in SD and copied to usb should play back on the 5000T using USB and most likely can be played back direct from a home network using the 5000T DLNA client and the HDR FOX T2 DLNA server.

Both options will work for SD.

Thanks Barry.

| Thu 26 Oct 2017 10:27:59 #98 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

iomegachris

Thanks Graham and Barry for speedy replies. I took a look at Hummy.TV, specifically at the section on file encryption/decryption. I'm afraid most of it is over my head, but as probably 90% of my stuff is HD it would not be relevant anyway.

Could I ask another question...
    On my HDR-Fox T2 I have always had a problem setting the volume from the Humax to match the volume from other inputs into the TV (eg Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast etc). The Humax seems to give a much lower volume than all the others. This has at times resulted in very loud blasts of sound at top volume if I have forgotten to change the TV volume before switching input. I never found a volume adjustment on the Fox T2 - is there some way to get round this on the 5000T?

| Thu 26 Oct 2017 11:38:44 #99 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

iomegachris - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Graham and Barry for speedy replies. I took a look at Hummy.TV, specifically at the section on file encryption/decryption. I'm afraid most of it is over my head, but as probably 90% of my stuff is HD it would not be relevant anyway.
    Could I ask another question...
    On my HDR-Fox T2 I have always had a problem setting the volume from the Humax to match the volume from other inputs into the TV (eg Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast etc). The Humax seems to give a much lower volume than all the others. This has at times resulted in very loud blasts of sound at top volume if I have forgotten to change the TV volume before switching input. I never found a volume adjustment on the Fox T2 - is there some way to get round this on the 5000T?

Same way as you get round it on the HDR-FOX-T2.

The problem is down to the way your TV handles Dolby Digital audio which the HD channels use.

First of all in the box (HDR-FOX-T2/5000T/Foxsat-HDR or any other Humax HD capable box). Locate the TV setup menu and the digital audio out option. Turn down your TV volume. Now change this from surround to stereo (or similar). Turn up the box volume to near max (adjust to match your TV's other inputs). Turn up the TV volume to a normal listening level. Now HD and SD audio volume should be similar. Adjust the volume using the TV volume rather than the box. Remotes like the Logitech harmony make this much easier as you can allocate volume to the TV rather than the box.

Check your PM's

| Thu 26 Oct 2017 11:48:15 #100 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.