My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New - FVP 5000T

(389 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marius

uk1 - 4 hours ago  » I was told by a CS rep who uses the same box that I am the only customer that has reported these faults.

He's in the UK, I presume? This is classic Brit-style customer service.

The first response that every UK trainee customer service rep learns is: "Well, no one else has complained!".

The implication, of course, is that the customer must somehow be at fault. (UK Lesson Two: The customer is always wrong).

In the dark days before the Internet there was little to be done.

That's why I buy from Argos when I can. They'll do an exchange or a complete refund for up to a year after purchase with no fuss whatsoever.

| Wed 22 Nov 2017 21:46:14 #311 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

uk1

special member

Hi Marius,

It is regretable that the 2TB is only available from Humax Direct as my expereince of their CS is extremely dissapointing.

I'm still waiting for a refund a week after the unit was collected. I understand that it might take a day or two but this process is clearly intended to frustrate.

When I requested it's collection emails to their published CS email were ignored, so I called and arranged a collection. The collection was prompt ie within three days. Although they ask you to reply to emails confirming that it has been collected "so that they can process your refund" it doesn't work that way. They neither acknowledge or respond to emails sent so far or process the refund.

So today I called and asked why I have received no replies to any emails and I was told that they were "too busy" to reply. I asked when I might receive my refund and was told that DPD collect returns and send them to a non-Humax Direct Service center and not directly to Humax, who I was originally told inspect it to make sure everything is OK and then a refund is processed. Now I am told that they do not process a refund until the service center return the box to Humax Direct so that they can also inspect it and then they will take up to 14 working days to process a refund. Everything including the batteries (!) was returned, but I have a sense of forboding.

This process is clearly designed to be as frustrating and lengthy as possible in order to delaying refunds. In the event I order stuff from Amazon and it has to be returned everything happens smoothly and the refund is processed when the item is collected.

Anyone ordering a 5000T therefore has to wheigh the 2TB and ordering from Humax Direct or simply buying the smaller 1Tb and getting it from a company you can have more confidence in if you need a refund.

I'll update the thread when I receive the refund as service quality is an important consideration when deciding who to buy from.

| Thu 30 Nov 2017 12:46:13 #312 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Early Xmas present for red blooded males "Two Thousand Women"

If not recording carry out a smart retune to find the new Talking Pictures channel on lcn 81.

| Thu 30 Nov 2017 15:17:48 #313 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

1) It's not new.
    2) What's this got to do with 4000T/5000Ts?

| Thu 30 Nov 2017 17:08:46 #314 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BB - 36 seconds ago  » 
    1) It's not new.

It's new to those who cannot get the two extra COM 7 and COM 8 mux as it's moved to a mux that everyone gets. COM 7 and COM 8 is only transmitted from a few selected main power transmitters.

Along with other Freeview boxes you may need to retune to continue using Talking Pictures. I don't have a 5000T so no idea if it has the smart tune option found on a 4000T. It also means that owners of older non Freeview-HD boxes will be able to view. Com 7 and COM 8 are DVB-T2 HD mux that carry a few SD channels.

Where have you been ? I posted this on the 4th November.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/talking-pictures-moves-to-channel-81-on-freeview#post-62705

The first movie shown happened to be called Two Thousand Women

| Thu 30 Nov 2017 17:15:46 #315 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The 4000T does have the smart retune option.

| Thu 30 Nov 2017 17:17:44 #316 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 1 minute ago  » 
    The 4000T does have the smart retune option.

Thanks Barry

| Thu 30 Nov 2017 17:19:43 #317 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Somebody throw some cold water over him.

| Thu 30 Nov 2017 17:25:28 #318 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

uk1 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi Marius,
    It is regretable that the 2TB is only available from Humax Direct as my expereince of their CS is extremely dissapointing.
    I'm still waiting for a refund a week after the unit was collected. I understand that it might take a day or two but this process is clearly intended to frustrate.
    When I requested it's collection emails to their published CS email were ignored, so I called and arranged a collection. The collection was prompt ie within three days. Although they ask you to reply to emails confirming that it has been collected "so that they can process your refund" it doesn't work that way. They neither acknowledge or respond to emails sent so far or process the refund.
    So today I called and asked why I have received no replies to any emails and I was told that they were "too busy" to reply. I asked when I might receive my refund and was told that DPD collect returns and send them to a non-Humax Direct Service center and not directly to Humax, who I was originally told inspect it to make sure everything is OK and then a refund is processed. Now I am told that they do not process a refund until the service center return the box to Humax Direct so that they can also inspect it and then they will take up to 14 working days to process a refund. Everything including the batteries (!) was returned, but I have a sense of forboding.
    This process is clearly designed to be as frustrating and lengthy as possible in order to delaying refunds. In the event I order stuff from Amazon and it has to be returned everything happens smoothly and the refund is processed when the item is collected.
    Anyone ordering a 5000T therefore has to wheigh the 2TB and ordering from Humax Direct or simply buying the smaller 1Tb and getting it from a company you can have more confidence in if you need a refund.
    I'll update the thread when I receive the refund as service quality is an important consideration when deciding who to buy from.

If they messed me about like that I would make a Section 75 claim against my credit card company (assuming you paid for it by this method, I always do if it's over £100).

That usually hurries up the retailer as the CCC usually get straight on to the retailer as they don't want to pay out themselves.

I once invoked this against a very well known high street electrical retailer who one would associate with Indian food. They paid up within 48 hours after previously messing me about for weeks.

I've never bought anything else from them since. I now deal with JL whenever possible - good company to do business with.

| Thu 30 Nov 2017 17:32:09 #319 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 19 minutes ago  » 

BB - 36 seconds ago  » 
    1) It's not new.

I don't have a 5000T so no idea if it has the smart tune option found on a 4000T.

I thought you did have the new 5000T Graham?

| Thu 30 Nov 2017 17:36:06 #320 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.