My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New - FVP 5000T

(389 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

TV Fan - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you for all your helpful comments.
    My parents do have a HD TV.
    It does has HDMI inputs too.
    I can see that the Humax FVP-5000T does also have RCA connectors but no scart lead connectors.
    I had old TV without HD before, that worked fine with a virgin HD box sending it information. I was not able to enjoy the benefits of the HD quality on that TV, but I was still able to get a standard definition picture and sound, until I was able to upgrade my TV to a HD one.
    So, I expect as long as someone has a HDMI or RCA connection, I expect it should give them picture and sound up to the quality their TV allows (up to a max quality of HD, if the TV has that of course).
    My mind just got blown on the digital TV aerial myth. Still a bit confused about that one.
    Thanks again for everyone's help.

A scart connection using RGB instead of composite is a vastly better picture than composite. Generally at least one scart on a SD TV is RGB capable.

Re Digital Aerials

http://www.cableguys.co.uk/dispelling-tv-aerial-myths/

Note Myth 3 is itself a myth.

I have a log periodic in my loft 30 mls from Lark Stoke which isn't even a main power transmitter. I have an amplifier but that's purely down to the number of tv's and pvrs it has to feed.

| Sat 14 Oct 2017 13:42:16 #61 |
  2. TV Fan

TV Fan

john1 - 5 hours ago  » 
    Good Luck, If you go ahead and make the purchase.
    from the first few remark's on this forum They, and you may be in for a pleasant surprise.

Do people who buy a box after making some of the first few comments on this forum, have the possibility of getting some extra bonus gift or money off or something then?

If this is the case, would I need to buy from a certain website such as Humaxdirect or could it be bought from anywhere such as Amazon etc.?

Or, do you just mean we will be pleasantly surprised at the quality of the product?

| Sat 14 Oct 2017 13:58:31 #62 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

TV Fan - 10 minutes ago  » 

john1 - 5 hours ago  » 
    from the first few remark's on this forum They, and you may be in for a pleasant surprise.

Do people who buy a box after making some of the first few comments on this forum, have the possibility of getting some extra bonus gift or money off or something then?

I wish

If this is the case, would I need to buy from a certain website such as Humaxdirect or could it be bought from anywhere such as Amazon etc.?

Wherever you buy from make sure you register the unit for 2 year warranty with Humax....there should a card in the box explaining this.

| Sat 14 Oct 2017 14:11:31 #63 |
  4. TV Fan

TV Fan

Barry - 3 minutes ago  » 

TV Fan - 10 minutes ago  » 

john1 - 5 hours ago  » 

I wish

Wherever you buy from make sure you register the unit for 2 year warranty with Humax....there should a card in the box explaining this.

Ok, thanks.

| Sat 14 Oct 2017 14:12:04 #64 |
  5. TV Fan

TV Fan

grahamlthompson - 34 minutes ago  » 

TV Fan - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you for all your helpful comments.
    My mind just got blown on the digital TV aerial myth. Still a bit confused about that one.
    Thanks again for everyone's help.

A scart connection using RGB instead of composite is a vastly better picture than composite. Generally at least one scart on a SD TV is RGB capable.
    Re Digital Aerials
    http://www.cableguys.co.uk/dispelling-tv-aerial-myths/
    Note Myth 3 is itself a myth.
    I have a log periodic in my loft 30 mls from Lark Stoke which isn't even a main power transmitter. I have an amplifier but that's purely down to the number of tv's and pvrs it has to feed.

Thanks for the info.

| Sat 14 Oct 2017 14:19:30 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

I think you'll find that everyone on this forum use it Just to help each other with their Humax machines and DO NOT get any kind of voucher, or discount from Humax.
    However, Humax does seem to keep a watchful eye on it to get feedback.
    In particular contributors, such as Barry. it's just refreshing to find a helpful forum such as this one.
    at this moment in time the only place the FVP5000t is available is on Humax Direct. All the others including the 4000t you can get from many places both online ,and on the High street.I for one have been following this forum for several month's.
    With all the Questions and helpful reply's (including those from Barry .
    I'm intending to get the 5000t (2 TB model) from Humax Direct.

| Sun 15 Oct 2017 9:25:56 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

I wonder if the sorting of media files has been resolved on the 5000t. Of all my gripes with the 4000t, that's the most frustrating - especially since it worked until an update broke it.

| Sun 15 Oct 2017 11:23:42 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I have just noticed this on one of the reviews which shocked me....

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/142377-humax-fvp-5000t-preview-freeview-play-revisited

"There's plenty of ventilation around the 5000T, with some quiet fan and disc noise in operation, but nothing that we found distracting when in use. Essentially, the layout is the same as the 4000T."

Does this mean the 5000 now has a fan whereas the 4000 was fanless?

I hope that is an error as the fanless design is one of the things I do like about the 4000

| Tue 17 Oct 2017 7:36:23 #68 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

There is no fan.

| Tue 17 Oct 2017 8:29:42 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Barry - 9 minutes ago  » 
    There is no fan.

Great, thank you.