My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New software version 3.00.77

(60 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

First thing to try would be a factory reset.

| Tue 18 Jul 2017 15:07:30 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stuart123

Ive done a factory reset, and also turned it off at the wall.

Thanks
    Stuart.

| Tue 18 Jul 2017 15:32:11 #32 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Stuart - see your PM's

| Tue 18 Jul 2017 18:07:25 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Zac

Hi.

I have just registered as I have the same problem with my HDD after the new firmware upgrade and a google search brought me here.

Basically the HDR 1100s no longer recognises that there is a HDD in the box.

I first noticed it when trying to pause a live broadcast that was also recording and got the message "The function does not work while retrieving data for the time shift function. Try again in a few seconds" needless to say still got the same message after a few seconds repeatedly

Went to my recordings and got the message "You don't have any recordings at the moment" Which was not true.

Then in menu, storage, The HDD is not there and a message " Connect a USB hard drive (HDD) to the box to be able to record programmes and pause live TV"

So concluded nothing for it but factory reset which made no difference. Still no HDD recognised.

So did the usual unplug at the mains and back on and hey presto everything back to normal. And to prove that the HDD was never lost even though the box could not see the HDD at the time, the programme I was recording when I first noticed the fault and could not pause had actually been recorded. All my other recordings were still there too.

Anyway all was OK for a few days and then it happened again tonight and was cured by unplugging from the mains again.

This box had worked perfectly until this firmware upgrade which it had applied automatically on the fly.

| Tue 18 Jul 2017 22:53:34 #34 |
  5. shadowhood

shadowhood

Just phoned Humax, spoke to Andrew and they say they have not heard of any issues of the new software causing any HDD problems on any of the unit models. I told him that others have the same problem on this Forum and he said Humax are not related with this Forum so could not comment. He has asked me to power my Humax off then within 5 seconds power it back on and "listen" for the whir of the HDD! Really! He said it might be a resistor blown which has happened on a few models, I asked him what that had to do with the new software as this happened the very moment that it installed it - he couldn't comment. I'm at work just now so can't do what he asked but I'll try it this afternoon and phone him back letting know that it didn't work. You'd think that Humax would be involved in this Forum personally to see the feedback and provide assistance.

| Thu 20 Jul 2017 10:45:01 #35 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If the problem was connected with the update I would expect a lot more than the three posts. One of which could also be an obscure and very occasional apparent loss of recordings.

The component problem arises during a boot which any update would trigger.

| Thu 20 Jul 2017 11:25:04 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Zac

I phoned Humax support yesterday explained all and was told to reload the software manually this time over the auto update and it seems to have worked. Had to unplug it from the mains afterwards before it would recognise the HDD but have "stressed cycled" it since and all has been perfectly fine.

| Thu 20 Jul 2017 11:32:38 #37 |
  8. shadowhood

shadowhood

Na, phoned Humax again and got Francis this time, he never bothered about wanting me to try things to fix it - he said it was a problem with Freesat as it was them who did the software upgrade. However, Humax could fix it with a replacement box at £55. They wouldn't budge. I've told him to leave it just now because as a consumer who has done nothing wrong but now has a faulty item I feel that it is Freesat/Humax who has to fix this - outside the warranty or not. No doubt I'll lose but anything is worth trying eh. When did we become a nation of "oh well, I may as well back down"?

| Fri 21 Jul 2017 19:18:53 #38 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I said at the outset the fault your unit has developed was not caused by the software update, it was a coincidence.

Humax have offered you a replacement for your out of warranty unit for a small charge...

| Fri 21 Jul 2017 19:54:11 #39 |
  10. shadowhood

shadowhood

An occurrence that has happend with a couple of folk Barry. Exactly at the same time that a software upgrade happened. No, sorry, not convinced that it was just a coincidence and pursuing it. As I said, I probably won't get anywhere but no harm in trying. Thanks for your input though. Much appreciated and good to have folk with Humax knowledge on here as I didn't rate the Humax support at all.

| Sat 22 Jul 2017 10:21:09 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.