My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New software version 3.00.77

(60 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You could always try installing the previous software. I am sure Barry would give you a link if you p.m. him.

It might convince you that the software update is just a coincidence.

| Sat 22 Jul 2017 11:53:36 #41 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

REPASSAC - 24 minutes ago  » 
    You could always try installing the previous software. I am sure Barry would give you a link if you p.m. him.
    It might convince you that the software update is just a coincidence.

Yep can do.

One member who has tried has informed me by PM it made no difference which I fully expected.

| Sat 22 Jul 2017 12:18:37 #42 |
  3. Minilopmad

Minilopmad

Hi, I'm a new member, this is my first post.

It seems I too have fallen foul of the above problem, reading the above posts, it would appear to a coincidence it has happened shortly after the update. Purchased my 1TB 1010S box in January 2014 and it's been in daily use without hiccup.

Mid-week I fired it up as usual to the 'disc not formatted message' and was immediately transferred to the formatting menu. I backed out before it did anything to find there were no recordings showing. Turned off at plug, left for a while, back on, same message. Won't record and still says less than 1% space used. Performed a factory reset, no change.

Am I best to get onto Humax? Unfortunately warranty sticker has been removed, I got a bit eager to check connections hadn't come loose inside the box. Needless to say, I didn't find anything amiss.

Have an old Foxsat-HDR upstairs that is still going strong after almost 8 years which I'm using in the meantime.

Thank you.

| Sat 26 Aug 2017 17:31:03 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

In my own recent experience 'disc not formatted message' means the disk has failed. A new disk fixed it for me.

| Sat 26 Aug 2017 18:38:31 #44 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Pollensa1946 - 34 minutes ago  » 
    In my own recent experience 'disc not formatted message' means the disk has failed. A new disk fixed it for me.

I would guess that the OS received an unexpected return code from a initial disk read, hence the message. This probably indicates disk corruption.

I would try and let it format it once.
    If no go then a new Av type disk.

| Sat 26 Aug 2017 19:15:45 #45 |
  6. Minilopmad

Minilopmad

Thank you, I've tried to format several times, but each time I try, it gets stuck with the 'formatting' message at the top of the screen. The processing circle doesn't go round either, we've left it like that for 45 mins to see if it will get on with it but nothing happens. Also tried disc cleanup but this does the same, just gets stuck with the message on screen.

| Sat 26 Aug 2017 19:36:08 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Minilopmad - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you, I've tried to format several times, but each time I try, it gets stuck with the 'formatting' message at the top of the screen. The processing circle doesn't go round either, we've left it like that for 45 mins to see if it will get on with it but nothing happens. Also tried disc cleanup but this does the same, just gets stuck with the message on screen.

That exactly fits with my own experience. The disk has failed, replace it.

| Sat 26 Aug 2017 21:06:15 #47 |
  8. Minilopmad

Minilopmad

Thank you for the advice, I'll post an update once I've put a new disk in.

| Sat 26 Aug 2017 21:59:50 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Minilopmad - 3 hours ago  » 

If this was my machine I would be removing the HDD from the box and formatting it using my PC. I know someone that had this issue, they did this i.e. removed and formatted the HDD via PC, reinstalled it and it's been working fine ever since.

At this point I would say it has to be worth a try.

| Sat 26 Aug 2017 23:02:45 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 11 hours ago  » ... I would be removing the HDD from the box and formatting it using my PC.

You realise that after "formatting" it on a PC (for the OS that is resident on the PC) that the HDR will simply attempt to reformat it for the Linux system on the HDR.
    Again, I did this and it worked, but the disk in the HDR again failed after a few hours. Ergo, the disk is bad and should be replaced. However, by all means try it.

| Sun 27 Aug 2017 10:42:06 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.