My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

"No Recordings" message

(29 posts)
  1. barryiow

barryiow

The Fox T2 is very good, but the FVP-4000T is a load of rubbish, they should be stopped from selling it, any one buying it expect it at least be as good as the T2.
    Barryiow

| Fri 2 Sep 2016 11:50:19 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

With the August firmware, the FVP-4000T is failing when you have a scheduled recording due to start whilst it is in standby.

This is reproducible - over three days, I've gone out, leaving the box in standby, and when a scheduled recording starts, it fails. It also fails to record anything after that, and shows no recordings (can be restored by removing power entirely).

Disabling the "power save" in standby seems to have done the trick - so far, it has not failed, including recordings due to start in standby.

| Fri 2 Sep 2016 17:03:05 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

barryiow - 10 hours ago  » 
    ... the FVP-4000T is a load of rubbish, they should be stopped from selling it, any one buying it expect it at least be as good as the T2.
    Barryiow

If you are basing your judgement on the experience of only your Humax and this forum, you should note:

1 Your Humax may itself have a minor fault and not be characteristic of all Humaxes

2 You are ignoring the no doubt thousands of people who are not posting here and who are quite happy with the Humax. This forum self selects those who have problems - those who don't have problems are unlikely to come here!!!

It's a bit like the Samsung phone battery recall with 35 faults in over 2,500,000 delivered units, or 99.9986% of the phones have been fine.

| Fri 2 Sep 2016 22:40:08 #23 |
  4. barryiow

barryiow

Hi JohnH77, I had my 1st FVP-4000T replaced by Humax, but the replacement is no better.

I have not heard of a FVP-4000T working OK, but some may do, but I do know the 2 I have had are rubbish.

The Fox T2 I have is a good working unit, i so I am pleased to once again use it as my main machine.

I can only report my experience with Humax, as far as I am concerned rubbish goods like the FVP-4000T do their name no good, I will probably never buy from them again, unless they sort out this mess.

If you are happy with a FVP-4000T then please tell us ab out it.
    Barryiow

| Fri 2 Sep 2016 23:02:57 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

See Now for the good points

| Sat 3 Sep 2016 4:08:09 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

Sigh - went out, came back and recordings had failed in standby. So, still broken even with power saving set to off.

Humax desperately needs to post the previous firmware, because this release is very, very badly broken.

| Sat 3 Sep 2016 13:32:03 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

furkin

This was my first foray into Humax.

In my mind, whilst the Humax company do read this forum, they will not help their customers.

Every person that I speak to about complaints, get - like me - the same standard reply "do a reset". It matters not what your problem is – in fact, I don’t even think they actually read our plea’s for help,,,,,,, just sit there pressing the same reply button “we don’t care,,, do a reset”.

Why don't they read our actual questions before sending out meaningless crap ?

Like lots of companies, they have some wonderful stuff, that has glitches ! All they need to do, is iron out the glitches, to keep loyal customer base.

Of course we are all aware that accidents, errors, mistakes are made in all walks of life, but it’s the way that they rectify things, that separates the mediocre from the great.

If things don’t change, I won’t buy again.

Seeing the mention of the recent “up” grade, it may be coincidental, but that’s when my problems started.

| Sat 3 Sep 2016 16:42:14 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

furkin - 1 hour ago  » 

Every person that I speak to about complaints, get - like me - the same standard reply "do a reset". It matters not what your problem is

What else do you expect them to say seeing that doing a reset cures the problem you have???

If the problem is a coding problem in the software, then this is not a permanent cure, but it is a workaround which allows you to continue using the box until a permanent fix is made available.

| Sat 3 Sep 2016 18:01:22 #28 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

JohnH77 - 1 hour ago  » 

furkin - 1 hour ago  » 
    Every person that I speak to about complaints, get - like me - the same standard reply "do a reset". It matters not what your problem is

What else do you expect them to say seeing that doing a reset cures the problem you have???
    If the problem is a coding problem in the software, then this is not a permanent cure, but it is a workaround which allows you to continue using the box until a permanent fix is made available.

First line support is not a lot of fun.
    Many models (mixed up when you are new)
    But some problems you do solve, and that is what matter

| Sat 3 Sep 2016 19:45:19 #29 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.