My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Not the --:-- clock problem but four dashes ----

(17 posts)
  1. Biggles

Biggles

special member

gra26264 - 2 hours ago  » 
    The problem with it now is that if it is in standby the clock is showing the correct time but if you try to turn it on using the remote it starts to load,the display shows loo to lo9, duovisio,then ---- on the left then freezes,the tv screen stays black and then the humax will not respond.This happens most of the time but not always.If you then turn off unit at back and then turn it on again it loads.Also if left on standby over night with it set to record in the night the ---- are on the left of the display in the morning and recording did not record and unit has to be reset by powering off at the back.

These two problems are the same, the 9200 is locking up when trying to boot from Standby. The 9200 will work as a simple set top box with the hard disc disconnected so you could try this to confirm basic operation of the box is ok.

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 14:13:20 #11 |
  2. gra26264

gra26264

hi biggles,
    do you not think that formatting the drive with windows will sort issue out?
    I will check out whether the humax is functioning ok on saturday when he brings his box back round here.It seems to work ok and record timed recordings if left on,
    graham

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 14:26:36 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

gra26264 - 5 minutes ago  » 

I think formatting it with Windows is a good idea. The hang at boot time is usually associated with a minor corruption of the file system but I guess there must be a possibility that the USB mod is causing the problem.

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 14:34:51 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Biggles - 20 hours ago  » 
    You've just interrupted me composing my competition entry, you'd think Humax would have given me a FOX for providing a simple repair for all their duff 9200s and maintaining their good name, lick lick.

Not a chance. I think you will find that my flash9200 software has saved Humax a fortune in reduced support costs whereas your clock board problem fix has merely deprived them of sales revenue for replacement clock boards so clearly my competition entry is more deserving

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 14:38:21 #14 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

gra26264 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    hi biggles,
    I will check out whether the humax is functioning ok on saturday when he brings his box back round here.It seems to work ok and record timed recordings if left on,
    graham

Once the 9200 is ON I guess it will be ok, it's the STANBY to ON boot period where it locks up.

Whether formatting the disc in Windows will sort it out is something I can't comment on as I've never had a disc problem so I'm reading with interest as you are, I would certainly try it though.

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 14:42:45 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Originating this thread to enable movement of some off topic stuff in the --:-- sticky

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 14:48:33 #1 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Martin Liddle - 9 minutes ago  » 

Biggles - 20 hours ago  » 
    You've just interrupted me composing my competition entry, you'd think Humax would have given me a FOX for providing a simple repair for all their duff 9200s and maintaining their good name, lick lick.

Not a chance. I think you will find that my flash9200 software has saved Humax a fortune in reduced support costs whereas your clock board problem fix has merely deprived them of sales revenue for replacement clock boards so clearly my competition entry is more deserving

But your flash9200 is just doing the same job as WDN4OAK (a program I never had a problem with) but with an extra whistle and bell on it whereas my clock repair has kept loads of Humax owners happy which can only be good for Humax.

At this rate I'm not going to get my competition entry in.

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 14:56:28 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.