My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

The 9200 --:-- clock problem.

(56 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brainz

Withnail73 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Did notice that the lacquer had gone from the back of board directly under the key components. Not sure if that's a problem.

Oh right, I am learning as I go with this. I plan to open mine up again real soon and have a look. What purpose does the lacquer serve ?? as an insulator? Is this common on PCBs??

| Sat 7 Jul 2012 15:13:47 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Withnail73

Couldn't tell ya - I'm learning, too. However, the fella in Maplin's recommended that I spray the entire board with lacquer once id finished cleaning to completely block all freaky discharges. Maybe I should have bought the lacquer, too...

| Sat 7 Jul 2012 15:41:00 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Withnail73

Update - the day are cleaning, the clock came back, but the issue is still there, ie: won't start-up from standby when it needs to record. Sometimes it does; sometimes it doesn't. Odd.

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 11:10:00 #23 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Brainz - 4 days ago  » 
    What purpose does the lacquer serve ?? as an insulator? Is this common on PCBs??

The lacquer generally protects the board from the environment, the living room environment isn't all that harsh.

| Thu 12 Jul 2012 11:38:14 #24 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Withnail73 - 1 day ago  » 
    Update - the day are cleaning, the clock came back, but the issue is still there, ie: won't start-up from standby when it needs to record. Sometimes it does; sometimes it doesn't. Odd.

So your clock is now running reliably in STANDBY. Can you make the 9200 switch ON and OFF without fail using the auto switch ON switch OFF features in the menu? Switching OFF shouldn't be a problem as the 9200 will be ON and the clock always works in that state, the switching ON will rely on the STANDBY clock working correctly.

You say that sometimes your 9200 does start up to record from STANDBY, presumably this is since you got the clock running? Is your 9200 tuned only to one transmitter? Do you have any channels in the 800 range of channel numbers?

| Thu 12 Jul 2012 11:45:17 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Withnail73

Thanks for replying, les! Tried the auto on and it worked; strangely auto-off didn't. Tv channels go up to 311; radio goes up to 728.

As for the intermittent behaviour I think it has turned itself on once since I cleaned, but would not start up for blackout on Monday and line of duty on Tuesday. This behaviour has been going on for a few months, but it was only last weekend that the click actually disappeared.

| Thu 12 Jul 2012 20:52:12 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Withnail73

Auto-off does work, soz!

| Thu 12 Jul 2012 21:00:35 #27 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

It looks like you've cured the clock problem so the failure to record from STANDBY is down to something else. If the 9200 is tuned correctly to one transmitter then I'm at a loss as to what that something else is. I can only suggest a Default Setting followed by a Manual Search using my instructions which are on this forum somewhere.

| Thu 12 Jul 2012 21:50:16 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Withnail73

Ok cheers!

| Thu 12 Jul 2012 21:59:01 #29 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Here are my instructions. Note the 'I am in the aerial installation trade' box is now labelled 'Detailed view'

| Thu 12 Jul 2012 22:03:41 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.