My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Old PVR 9150T

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarahj0nes

Hi,
    I hope someone can please answer my question?
    I’ve just taken my PVR 9150T out of storage hibernation for my Mum to use as it was always very user friendly.

It’s plugged in and hopefully connected correctly, the remote seems to not work..
    I’ve looked on the forum for a solution, and it looks like I need to update the software. Can this be done on a product that I bought at least 8 years ago?

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks you so much & sorry for long post.
    Sarah

| Tue 23 Jun 2020 22:13:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Sarahj0nes - 1 hour ago  » 
    I hope someone can please answer my question?
    the remote seems to not work..

The answer would depend on which way the remote appears not to work.

If people who could possibly help you knew what the symptoms of the issue is you are likely not only to get more replies but also receive more pertinent answers.

Is there any chance of you explaining the symptoms of your remote not working?

| Tue 23 Jun 2020 23:24:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarahj0nes

Hi Luke,
    Apologies.
    I’ve plugged in to my mums tv.
    The quick start instructions say it’s supposed to come up with a screen to start scanning, so I guess I’m answering my own question about the remote, as the screen doesn’t look to acknowledge the Humax is plugged in ...
    I’ve read on this forum that the box may need updating. But also wonder if it’s obsolete?
    thanks for any help

| Tue 23 Jun 2020 23:38:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Sarahj0nes - 9 mins ago  » 
    I’ve plugged in to my mums tv.

How? Via a SCART lead? (google "scart" if you need to find out what that looks like. Or by an RD lead?

It needs a SCART lead.

The quick start instructions say it’s supposed to come up with a screen to start scanning

There is a mains switch at the back close to where the mains cable enters. Is that switched to "on"?

Is the indicator light just below the "STANDBY" text on the front panel green? It needs to be green as that indicates it is switched on for active viewing.
    To switch it out of stand-by just press the standby button on the remote so that the front panel light is green. Or you could just press 'zero' on the remote.

I’ve read on this forum that the box may need updating.

May be, but that won't be the cause of your current issue.

Sarahj0nes - 9 mins ago  » But also wonder if it’s obsolete?

It is an old box but is still liked by some despite some disadvantages and not working as well as when it first was sold over 10 years ago and being based on a model that is now 15 years old.

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 0:16:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarahj0nes

Hi Luke,
    I did plug it in with a scart lead and it said there was a bad or no signal on tv, so I changed it to an RF cable. I’ll try it again with a scart lead, I know I tried both ports....

The box 100% switched on and the timer button lights up green too.

I’ll have another look this morning. Thanks for help.
    Sarah

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 7:40:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarahj0nes

Hi Luke, I’ve plugged the scart back in and it’s still saying bad or no signal.
    On the source button on the tv, the options are scart or hdmi, and it’s on scart...

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:08:54 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarahj0nes

On the source button on the tv, the options are scart or hdmi, and it’s on scart...

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:09:33 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarahj0nes

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:31:48 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarahj0nes

Tried to add photos ..

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 8:32:53 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Problem with trying to use the RF cable is that you need to get the TV running in analogue, which is not always obvious how to do. Also you need to program an analogue channel to a button on the remote. Much easier to use the SCART if you can.

The main thing is to try and get some idea if the box is actually on. Are there any lights on?

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 10:48:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.