My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Old PVR 9150T

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

My guess is that the SCART lead is faulty; is it possible to try another one?

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:19:54 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

A1944 - 32 mins ago  » 
    Problem with trying to use the RF cable is that you need to get the TV running in analogue, which is not always obvious how to do.

I didn't think the 9150T had a built in modulator so how would going into analogue help?

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 11:24:43 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarahj0nes

The scart lead is fine, the box lights are red before taking off standby and green once activated by the remote, so the remote is also working.
    When I switch on the box, the tv says it loading, but then, the tv says it has a bad or no signal...

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 13:31:19 #13 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

Do you have an aerial connected to the Humax? If you don't, that would explain your bad or no signal message.

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 13:39:15 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Sarahj0nes - 6 mins ago  » 
    The scart lead is fine, the box lights are red before taking off standby and green once activated by the remote, so the remote is also working.
    When I switch on the box, the tv says it loading, but then, the tv says it has a bad or no signal...

Get it to do that again and then press the MENU button on the remote. (The MENU button on the original remote is just below "7".)

It is very likely that it needs a retune. You should be able to do that via MENU providing you have the aerial lead connected to the inbound aerial socket on the back o the PVR-9150T.
    If pressing the MENU does let you see the Humax's menu then rather than just retuning I'd personally find the Default Reset in the MENUs and use that instead. This should give you the "first time install" that you were expecting.

Any further questions please ask. On this forum both Martin Liddle and myself have used these menus but it has been a while.

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 13:44:19 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarahj0nes

Success.... thank you for your help..... my Mum is very happy.
    From Sarah

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 14:20:21 #16 |
  7. Trev

Trev

special member

So, for completeness, please tell us what your problem was.

But the fact that you have a happy mum can only be good news.

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 16:30:18 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Sarahj0nes - 2 hours ago  » 
    Success.... ..... my Mum is very happy.

Has your mum discovered how to easily get at the recordngs yet?
    The original remote's bottom 3rd is covered by a sliding flap. Sliding that down reveals 19 more buttons, some of which are useful for everyday use.

The 3rd button in the top row of the hidden buttons goes directly to the recordings.

If your mum finds the hidden buttons useful and gets irritated with the sliding flap, then it is possibly to remove it by sliding it almost fully down, but not all the way, and then prising it off.

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 17:34:46 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Martin Liddle - 7 hours ago  » 

A1944 - 32 mins ago  » 
    Problem with trying to use the RF cable is that you need to get the TV running in analogue, which is not always obvious how to do.

I didn't think the 9150T had a built in modulator so how would going into analogue help?

I was only going by what the OP said in Post 5 about using the RF lead. I am not familiar with the box.

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 18:59:37 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sarahj0nes

Ok, the reason that we (I) couldn’t make it happen to start with is that I hadn’t checked the source on the tv, so it was staying on tv mode.
    Once I changed it to EXT, then I pressed MENU as suggested by Luke, I could then go through the installation process.

Luke, I will now go through the extra buttons with her, thank you.
    THANK YOU to you all, for all suggestions. Sarah

| Wed 24 Jun 2020 19:37:06 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.