My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

On Demand currently not available

(35 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

satcom

Dear User,

We have great news! Our team has identified and resolved the on-demand issue that was affecting Freesat devices.
    Your device should soon detect the fix, and everything should be back to normal shortly.

Many users have already reported that their on-demand services are working smoothly again, but please allow a few days for the fix to fully take effect on your end.

Thank you for your patience, and if you experience any further issues, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,

Humax Customer Support

| Mon 14 Oct 2024 16:52:58 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

satcom - 6 mins ago  » 
    Dear User,
    We have great news! Our team has identified and resolved the on-demand issue that was affecting Freesat devices.
    Your device should soon detect the fix, and everything should be back to normal shortly.
    Many users have already reported that their on-demand services are working smoothly again, but please allow a few days for the fix to fully take effect on your end.
    Thank you for your patience, and if you experience any further issues, please don't hesitate to reach out.
    Best regards,
    Humax Customer Support

Thank god for that, maybe there will be no more ground hog day 1100s threads started by people too idle to open their eyes and read what is already posted.

| Mon 14 Oct 2024 17:01:54 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

StuartZ - 23 mins ago  » 
    A slightly harsh response from trog.
    The fact that there are "other now many threads" on this very subject seems to indicate that this is not the easiest of sites to use when it comes to finding related problems, particularly for a first time user.

When you open the site you see "Latest Discussions" and now 4 out of the 5 first threads listed is related to the 1100-s and includes titles like "Humax 1100S and iPlayer"..."On Demand currently not available"...."Fault onscreen with broadband connection" you would not need a degree in computer programming to realise that they more than likely are related to your own 1100s problem. just having a 2 digit IQ would suffice. There is nothing difficult at all, it is far easier to read an existing thread than write a new one, the moderators have already had to merge threads on this subject and still people cannot be bothered to open their eyes.

EDIT The original needless thread has now been merged with this one.

| Mon 14 Oct 2024 17:03:50 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

candy h

I am new to this site and I was not sure as to where I needed to go to ask my question!. I must have missed the "latest Discussions" page somehow! I assumed that this forum was formed to be, not only helpful, but also to be a friendly group who would have a degree of understanding especially to a site newbie (who incidentally has a University degree and has an IQ much greater than the 2 digits that trog surmises). I will therefore be ultra careful with any further posts that I might make to this site, but hopefully I will find the solution to my minor fault elsewhere.

| Mon 14 Oct 2024 17:29:50 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

candy h - 51 mins ago  » 
    hopefully I will find the solution to my minor fault elsewhere.

Read this thread that your original post has now been moved to and this other thread that I mentioned previously..... https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humax-1100s-and-iplayer ..... and you will be up to speed and see that help is coming soon.

| Mon 14 Oct 2024 18:27:20 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Copernical

BBC iPlayer has stopped working since yesterday. When I select 'BBC iPlayer' it displays the name but then fails to open the home page. I've tried restarting the Humax. Anyone got any ideas?

| Tue 15 Oct 2024 6:44:24 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kinsham

This issue surfaced with me about a week ago. I tried all the usual reboot, factory reset etc to no avail. Further checks on the LAN showed it to be connected and pingable so the on screen message about not being connected is wrong. Humax have since reported in response the an email that they know they have a problem and to just wait until they fix it, nothing we can do. Freesat no longer supports the Humax boxes, now having moved over to Arris. I'm not confident that Humax will put any effort into this at all, hoping customers
    (and the problems) will just go away.

| Tue 15 Oct 2024 7:56:54 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

woodbutcher

Au contraire, Humax do seem to support their legacy hardware, mine is now working on the second attempt. Huzzah!

| Tue 15 Oct 2024 9:18:01 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paulmax

Thanks Humax, on demand now working properly..

| Tue 15 Oct 2024 11:23:05 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

kinsham

I just checked it again and now it is working. There has been no notification from Humax that the ticket I opened has been closed. It wasn't necessary to reboot or reset. No idea what the cause of this issue was but no matter, all good.

I did find that I had to re-register iplayer and my5 using the on screen codes. Ch4 still missing of course but they took that away a long time ago.

| Tue 15 Oct 2024 13:12:04 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.