My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Only 1 minute recorded on schedule programmes

(57 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

I emailed Humax last night asking about the issue and also asked about any firmware that might be upcoming, i got the following response.

Hi James

Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment. We are aware of the C4 recording issue, this has been passed on, to find the source of the issue and have it resolved, we do apologize, you will however be able to record from C4+1 for the meantime, also there is a new firmware update being formed, though no timescale of when it will be released.

Best Regards,

Colin
    Humax Customer Support

| Tue 18 Oct 2022 9:26:40 #11 |
  2. Manclad

Manclad

james_uk - 3 mins ago  » 
    I emailed Humax last night asking about the issue and also asked about any firmware that might be upcoming, i got the following response.

Hi James
    Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment. We are aware of the C4 recording issue, this has been passed on, to find the source of the issue and have it resolved, we do apologize, you will however be able to record from C4+1 for the meantime, also there is a new firmware update being formed, though no timescale of when it will be released.
    Best Regards,
    Colin
    Humax Customer Support

Same old BS from Humax then. If it takes as long as the required existing Aura fixes then wouldn't hold your breath!

| Tue 18 Oct 2022 9:31:54 #12 |
  3. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

I asked Channel 4 about this problem and got this reply:-

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries.

We are sorry to read of the issues you are having. We would advise we are aware of the technical issues with the EPG and our engineering team are currently working on this. However, we would recommend in the meantime retuning your device.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate all feedback from our viewers; complimentary or otherwise.

Regards,

Anna Smith
    Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

| Tue 18 Oct 2022 19:40:32 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrKRT

Thankfully this forum shows I'm not alone! My HUMAX Aura (purchased in August) has the same problem, I thought the problem was 4 HD channel, recording from 1 minute before the hour and stopping at the hour, despite the scheduled recording showing the full hour. So made sure I set future recordings for Channel 4 standard channel, this did not cure the problem, always Channel 4 so far. So reloaded all channels tonight before reading this thread.

So will try the channel 4 plus 1 hour , how will we know when this is no longer necessary?

| Tue 18 Oct 2022 19:51:52 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

morrig

Did a series record of Renovation Nation and Four in a Bed, Monday, Tuesday, C4 HD, both recorded fully. Problem resolved?

| Wed 19 Oct 2022 14:49:06 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

matcare

morrig - 14 mins ago  » 
    Did a series record of Renovation Nation and Four in a Bed, Monday, Tuesday, C4 HD, both recorded fully. Problem resolved?

I'm recording 'Somewhere boy' (6 episodes over 3 days so far). 4 episodes have recorded OK but 2 have not so it seems intermittent.

| Wed 19 Oct 2022 15:07:48 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Our Freeview went completely off yesterday afternoon for about an hour, when I looked it up it said work was being done on the local transmitter, storeton I think it was. Be interesting to see if the problem is now fixed for me.

| Wed 19 Oct 2022 16:13:20 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

morrig

morrig - 5 hours ago  » 

Nope wrong, had a none series Four in a Bed and series record, recorded both, but one minute of Renovation Nation with no none series record. So fix is to record both to get full info on the series, and in folder.

| Wed 19 Oct 2022 19:56:08 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrKRT

I've tried series record on C4+1 Renovation Nation, 1659hrs recorded 1 minute, got 2 recordings of 1 minute ( might be duplicated as I deleted series scheduled on C4 and replaced with series record C4+1)
    This conflicts with HUMAX support recommending C4+1 as the solution

Not sure if member Morrig is suggesting create series record and individual recordings to ensure getting a full recording. Can you do that on the same channel or do you have to set a series record on 4HD and single episode on 4SD for example

| Wed 19 Oct 2022 20:48:39 #19 |
  10. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

As I've mentioned previously, the only guaranteed way to record C4HD is to set up a manual recording. Unfortunately this can't be done using the app, so no use when away on holiday.

| Thu 20 Oct 2022 11:10:24 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.