My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Only 1 minute recorded on schedule programmes

(57 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

WalkingJed

Don't want to tempt fate, but my box mysteriously reset itself earlier in the week, and since then all my C4 recordings have been fine

| Sun 23 Oct 2022 12:48:16 #31 |
  2. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

WalkingJed - 2 hours ago  » 
    Don't want to tempt fate, but my box mysteriously reset itself earlier in the week, and since then all my C4 recordings have been fine

Oh no! Not another factory reset to carry out. I'm fed up with having to do this every couple of months with all the attendant setting up of accounts, passwords and various other settings etc.

| Sun 23 Oct 2022 15:45:13 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Geoff_W - 40 mins ago  » 

Oh no! Not another factory reset to carry out. I'm fed up with having to do this every couple of months with all the attendant setting up of accounts, passwords and various other settings etc.

You can back up all the settings including timers if you want to do a reset. I have done it a couple of times and has worked well. Just import them once you have done your reset.

| Sun 23 Oct 2022 16:26:03 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Harters - 10 mins ago  » 

Geoff_W - 40 mins ago  » 

You can back up all the settings including timers if you want to do a reset. I have done it a couple of times and has worked well. Just import them once you have done your reset.

This sounds useful, never looked at backing the settings up, does it need to be on a USB stick?

| Sun 23 Oct 2022 16:36:53 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

james_uk - 15 hours ago  » 

Harters - 10 mins ago  » 

Geoff_W - 40 mins ago  » 

This sounds useful, never looked at backing the settings up, does it need to be on a USB stick?

No, it just backs up to an area on the Aura itself, its very quick.

| Mon 24 Oct 2022 8:27:53 #35 |
  6. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Harters - 19 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 40 mins ago  » 

I tried that but after a Factory Reset there was no backup data available.

| Mon 24 Oct 2022 11:48:23 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 2 hours ago  » 

I think there is more than one type of reset; which did you use please?

| Mon 24 Oct 2022 14:21:07 #37 |
  8. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

Geoff_W - 2 hours ago  » 

I think there is more than one type of reset; which did you use please?

Full Reset, not Freeview Reset. I haven't tested whether a Freeview Reset would cure the Home Screen startup problem (I went for the nuclear option).

| Mon 24 Oct 2022 15:48:26 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I have done a full reset and still been able to restore my settings. As long as you do not format the hard drive you should be fine.

| Mon 24 Oct 2022 16:27:45 #39 |
  10. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Harters - 14 mins ago  » 
    I have done a full reset and still been able to restore my settings. As long as you do not format the hard drive you should be fine.

I must admit I only tried it once after saving the settings. When I tried to import them I got a message along the lines of "nothing to import". I'll try it again next time I have to reset the box.

| Mon 24 Oct 2022 16:43:38 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.