My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

only 6 channels found on 5000T

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hwalker1

The transmitter in the next field is a radio transmitter. One if two wuthin half a mile.
    Emley Moor is also to be seen from my Aerial and is about 19 miles. There us another about 3/4 of a Mike Cross the valley but its beam misses my house.
    It seems my device had a software glitch that stopped it from recursing channels. Leaving it unplugged for a day seems to have fixed it.
    Thinking back. When you have done a channel search you are kdftceithno option to proceed if you are unaware what the X is for. I could not see how to proceed so I just pressed the off button. Software should cover things like that.
    Could be why the channels did not save.

| Sat 19 Dec 2020 14:41:19 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hwalker1

Looks like my finger died
    Hope you can surtvtge wheat from the chaff. Is there an edit facility on this forum?

| Sat 19 Dec 2020 14:43:20 #22 |
  3. Trev

Trev

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 
    You cannot renumber channels on any Freeview-HD certified kit. The spec does not allow it.

I think that is wrong. I have two Samsung 4kTVs and an LG 4kTV all of which are Freeview and all of which you can re-allocate LCNs. I have the five Main HD channels on LCNs 101 -105 relocated to LCNs 1-5 and my "local" BBC SD channel on LCN 7. And the remaining SD channels on LCNs 102 -105. The procedure is a built in facility not a hack.
    I suspect that you are thinking of Freesat.

| Sat 19 Dec 2020 14:52:20 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Hwalker1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    The transmitter in the next field is a radio transmitter. One if two wuthin half a mile.
    Emley Moor is also to be seen from my Aerial and is about 19 miles. There us another about 3/4 of a Mike Cross the valley but its beam misses my house.

Ok so 54% seems reasonable then.

Thinking back. When you have done a channel search you are kdftceithno option to proceed if you are unaware what the X is for. I could not see how to proceed so I just pressed the off button.

I suspect you were being asked whether you wanted to save the results of the retune so hardly surprising it wasn't successful if you just switched off.

| Sat 19 Dec 2020 15:56:21 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Hwalker1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Looks like my finger died
    Hope you can surtvtge wheat from the chaff. Is there an edit facility on this forum?

Yes, there is an edit facility. If you look at the bottom of your posts within an hour of posting, you should see "EDIT" to the right of the date/time and post number.

(I just used it to add a bit)

| Sat 19 Dec 2020 16:20:50 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hwalker1

I will post this and hopefully correct this bad spelling. Yes it works.
    Thanks for your help. Will bear it in mind in future.
    Cheers

| Sat 19 Dec 2020 20:33:30 #26 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.