My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Poor Signal, or software?

(64 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

technick - 2 hours ago  » 

technick - 1 week ago  » 
    Yeah I am losing patience with signal issue on SD channels that is not present on anything else on the same aerial, including a TV on the Auras passthrough. I still hope there is a fix in next firmware, but if not will probably return it.

I like the Aura so have persevered with it. Although other TVs/STBs in my house are happy with DTT signal I get here, the Aura wasn't. I had ruled out any cable issues by swapping devices and cables around. I then put a amplifier on the Aura aerial input which has fixed picture/sound break up on affected SD channels.

Could you indicate make/model of booster please and is it immediately used before plugging the aerial cable into the aura? So cable - booster - aura?

| Tue 25 May 2021 9:22:50 #61 |
  2. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

technick - 3 hours ago  » 

technick - 1 week ago  » 
    Yeah I am losing patience with signal issue on SD channels that is not present on anything else on the same aerial, including a TV on the Auras passthrough. I still hope there is a fix in next firmware, but if not will probably return it.

I like the Aura so have persevered with it. Although other TVs/STBs in my house are happy with DTT signal I get here, the Aura wasn't. I had ruled out any cable issues by swapping devices and cables around. I then put a amplifier on the Aura aerial input which has fixed picture/sound break up on affected SD channels.

If you have eliminated all other causes of signal problems; all that is left is a possible badly made device. All I can say is I had one of these suspect Auras and took it back to shop and got a new one. The new one had no problems in the SD channels at all. If you are past the 14 day or 30 day period you’ll have to go through a process with Humax helpline. But don’t hope the problem will be fixed by firmware update. I suspect it is a hardware issue in manufacture of some Auras. But I only have evidence of my particular case.

| Tue 25 May 2021 9:41:26 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

macaronipie

peterukwp - 2 hours ago  » 

macaronipie - 1 hour ago  » 

technick - 31 mins ago  » 

technick - 1 week ago  » 

That is what I find most infuriating about this issue, my aerial has a booster on it, it is then plugged in to the Aura, then daisy chained to a FVP 5000T and then looped up to a 4k Sony TV. Needless to say the Aura receives poorer signal strength and quality than on the 5000T and the TV even though they are second and third on the feed. I did write to Humax "excellent support" where they proceeded to claim it was a whole host of things and couldn't possibly be their product.,
    all of which have been tried and found not to be the source of the problem.
    I think they stopped short of telling me it was my choice of interior decor and the type of car I drive. I think it is pretty clear they have installed inferior tuners in the Aura, and we as customers should put some pressure on them to resolve the situation.
    And then there are the other issues I have, often when switching from SD content to HD there will be no sound, powering down and restarting the Aura
    is the only 'cure', sometimes it will be no picture and no sound. Switching from TV speakers to the Audio system results in no sound, this requires another power down and power up. Sometimes when I play recordings they will not start, I have to power down and power up the Aura. When trying to connect my computer to the Aura sometimes the Aura will oblige other. times I will get a message on the computer saying the device at address 192.168.2.8 is not accepting any other connections, there. is nothing else connected to at the time. So the whole Aura experience does get rather exhausting.

I dont Know if you are still on the old software or not but the latest software when available should cure most of your problems.

I am on the latest software firmware dated 5th May 2021, so its not that

| Tue 25 May 2021 11:06:53 #63 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Paul Bton - 1 hour ago  » 

technick - 3 hours ago  » 

technick - 1 week ago  » 

If you have eliminated all other causes of signal problems; all that is left is a possible badly made device. All I can say is I had one of these suspect Auras and took it back to shop and got a new one. The new one had no problems in the SD channels at all. If you are past the 14 day or 30 day period you’ll have to go through a process with Humax helpline. But don’t hope the problem will be fixed by firmware update. I suspect it is a hardware issue in manufacture of some Auras. But I only have evidence of my particular case.

Paul can you check your PM's again please.

| Tue 25 May 2021 11:13:51 #64 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.