My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9150T Recording Schedule Issue

(68 posts)
  1. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Luke - 1 hour ago  » 

Biggles - 37 minutes ago  » 
    My friend has a 9300 and is not suffering the problem you are seeing. What you are seeing suggests your machine is doing a Default Setting all on its own but I have no idea why.

With a default setting it also wipes out the tuning.

And replaces it with new tuning that in the short term will probably be exactly the same as that that has been wiped. Unless the OP had made drastic changes to the channel line up he probably wouldn't notice if a retune had taken place.

| Mon 27 Jul 2015 23:40:00 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Biggles - 8 hours ago  » 

Luke - 1 hour ago  » 

My friend has a 9300 and is not suffering the problem you are seeing. What you are seeing suggests your machine is doing a Default Setting all on its own but I have no idea why.

And replaces it with new tuning that in the short term will probably be exactly the same as that that has been wiped.

When this happened to me when I had a 9300T I thought the manual tuning was still in place.

Possible if someone who is currently having this occur regularly could delete some channels they don't want and check next time it resets whether or not they have returned that would help establish confidence in what is being reset.

| Tue 28 Jul 2015 7:50:44 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

twofords

Well guys, checked this morning and everything is intact. All ok.

This did work the following day last week so I'm not holding my breath as yet. If it is still working ok for next 2-3 days then I might feel more confident.

Watch this space.

| Tue 28 Jul 2015 10:00:35 #13 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

There are reports of failing power supply capacitors with these models. I normally take these reports with a pinch of salt as they often involve people trying to sell a repair. I accept though that it is possible and a disruptive power supply could cause all sorts of unexplained happenings. If anyone with the problem is willing to take the lid off their machine it might be worth checking. The power supply will be the board with the mains lead going into it, there will be hefty looking components on the board compared to the main board. The suspect capacitors are fairly large, cylindrical, probably mounted vertically and have a plastic sheath usually black/brown/blue. The tops of these capacitors should be flat, any sign of bulging indicates failure.

NOTE: This must be done with the machine physically disconnected from the mains.

| Tue 28 Jul 2015 10:30:31 #14 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Luke - 3 hours ago  » 

Biggles - 8 hours ago  » 

Luke - 1 hour ago  » 

And replaces it with new tuning that in the short term will probably be exactly the same as that that has been wiped.

When this happened to me when I had a 9300T I thought the manual tuning was still in place.
    Possible if someone who is currently having this occur regularly could delete some channels they don't want and check next time it resets whether or not they have returned that would help establish confidence in what is being reset.

Just reading a post on Digital Spy where the OP states that his machine starts up on channel 1 after the problem has occured regardless of what channel he was last watching, this suggests a retune is being performed.

| Tue 28 Jul 2015 11:12:41 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

twofords

Thanks Biggles. I'm happy to follow your request and check out the internal parts but will wait until the next failure. Who knows it may be ok now but I doubt it!!
    Thinking about it now on Friday evening when it was wet and windy there was a power dip as all the lights blipped but we didn't lose any power. However, I do understand that it's possible for any power fluctuations to possibly weaken any component.

| Tue 28 Jul 2015 14:35:02 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

twofords

Well what do you know, second day and all recordings vanished again. Power Saving in Standby displayed as OFF when it was set to ON. Volume control at 50% again. All suggesting that the unit has had Default Settings applied!!

Have taken off the lid and attached a couple of pics to show the capacitors but the tops are flat. Nothing looks abnormal to me but I'm no expert.
    Any other ideas guys only I guess it's not looking good is it!!Something is failing but where???

| Thu 30 Jul 2015 12:06:39 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

twofords

Try upload again

| Thu 30 Jul 2015 12:10:26 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

twofords

Sorry guys but it's not accepting my uploads due to file size. I'll have to see if I can find something to resize them.

| Thu 30 Jul 2015 12:11:47 #19 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

What about the screen ratio, does it appear to have done a retune (probably impossible to tell)?

| Thu 30 Jul 2015 12:30:30 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.