My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Receiver is not receiving a signal...

(34 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Awning Handyman - 1 hour ago  » 
    Same again with me and again, tested all cables and dish etc. Wish I had read your posts yesterday because today, I called out an aerial contractor as both lines were not showing signal strengths.
    The first thing they told me was that they had been out to several Humax boxes this last week with same problem. I had to do a factory re-set which took just 5 minutes and all was back including all our recordings. We just had to record our planned programs again.
    I was charged the £35 call out, ouch!

How much have these contractors made for just 5 minutes information?

Welcome to our Forum. Send the bill to the BBC

I feel sorry for the poster below who tried to replace his dish and lnb, and thought it was as simple as replacing a terrestrial aerial.

According to a post by Repassac who didn't boot his box till the afternoon, and never saw the problem it's likely to have been fixed by lunchtime. At the time wasn't sure whether a Freesat re-tune would fix or if it would need a factory re-set. Mine sorted itself around 10am (first booted at around 09:30).

The clue was the epg was updating so there could not have been a tuner/dish lnb issue. Switching to ITV-HD on 111 produced a live picture instantly.

| Mon 22 Oct 2018 21:15:46 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

TBH all this drama has passed me by as we generally don't fire up our 1000s until 17:30 hrs. It looks as though this simple action meant I wasn't even aware there had been any issues.

| Mon 22 Oct 2018 22:52:17 #22 |
  3. andyfras

andyfras

On Sunday evening I came back from a week away to find that all recordings after Wednesday had failed and the box was showing no signal. I changed channel and all started working again.

| Tue 23 Oct 2018 9:36:31 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andyfras - 11 minutes ago  » 
    On Sunday evening I came back from a week away to find that all recordings after Wednesday had failed and the box was showing no signal. I changed channel and all started working again.

Guessing your last successful recording was on 15th October, with the screw up stopping recordings from the 16th October. ironically the older Foxsat-HDR should have worked just fine.

| Tue 23 Oct 2018 9:51:31 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ted

Like so many, I tested the signal with another - non-Freesat - receiver, and went to restore factory settings. The message from the posts so far seems to be: don't panic, be patient and everything will be fine, in the end. But my HDR-1100S is still 'searching for a satellite signal'. Does anyone know if and how this step can be skipped and if - like on the FoxSat - I could search for non-Freesat channels, to see if that may lead anywhere?

| Wed 24 Oct 2018 11:17:40 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

DeltaMike

Exactly the same here. Came back from a week away to 'no signal' and assumed the recent storm had affected our dish. Called the local TV/satellite shop, and the engineer came round, tested the signal strength and did a factory re-set on the Humax box. Bingo...

They then added that they'd had a lot of call-outs in respect of Humax boxes in the past week.

Gee thanks guys - you didn't think to mention that when I called with my problem? Nope, just popped round, 10 minute job and a £70 inc VAT call-out bill...

Wish I'd thought to come to this site first. Next time...

| Wed 24 Oct 2018 11:31:25 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ted - 2 hours ago  » 
    Like so many, I tested the signal with another - non-Freesat - receiver, and went to restore factory settings. The message from the posts so far seems to be: don't panic, be patient and everything will be fine, in the end. But my HDR-1100S is still 'searching for a satellite signal'. Does anyone know if and how this step can be skipped and if - like on the FoxSat - I could search for non-Freesat channels, to see if that may lead anywhere?

During the reset did the box accept your postcode ? Can you display the Freesat retune option ? This requires the box to be able to contact the freesat home transponder, without this you will be stuck. There is a non freesat option but it will be simpler to check the following using your other non-freesat receiver.

With the generic FTA box check you can receive from ?

11425 H DVB-S QPSK 27500 2/3

| Wed 24 Oct 2018 13:57:52 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ted

grahamlthompson - 8 minutes ago  » 

Ted - 2 hours ago  » 

During the reset did the box accept your postcode ? Can you display the Freesat retune option ? This requires the box to be able to contact the freesat home transponder, without this you will be stuck. There is a non freesat option but it will be simpler to check the following using your other non-freesat receiver.

My HDR-1100S has a soul. The pure fact that you may have come with a solution, has persuaded it to finally find a signal, which allowed me to finish the set-up. It works. Thanks. This came after probably nine efforts; but then with the tenth, it went through the procedure in no time.

| Wed 24 Oct 2018 14:10:33 #28 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ted - 4 minutes ago  » 

Ted - 2 hours ago  » 

My HDR-1100S has a soul. The pure fact that you may have come with a solution, has persuaded it to finally find a signal, which allowed me to finish the set-up. It works. Thanks. This came after probably nine efforts; but then with the tenth, it went through the procedure in no time.

Did you get the confirmation during the reset that two cables were found ?

| Wed 24 Oct 2018 14:15:30 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ted

grahamlthompson - 1 minute ago  » 

Ted - 4 minutes ago  » 

Ted - 2 hours ago  » 

Did you get the confirmation during the reset that two cables were found ?

No, I did not, because in the room where it is normally used - and in my workshop - I only have one sat connection. My FoxSat has the luxury of having two.

| Wed 24 Oct 2018 14:18:59 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.