1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ted - 2 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 minute ago  » 

Ted - 4 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 8 minutes ago  » 

Ted - 2 hours ago  » 
    Like so many, I tested the signal with another - non-Freesat - receiver, and went to restore factory settings. The message from the posts so far seems to be: don't panic, be patient and everything will be fine, in the end. But my HDR-1100S is still 'searching for a satellite signal'. Does anyone know if and how this step can be skipped and if - like on the FoxSat - I could search for non-Freesat channels, to see if that may lead anywhere?

During the reset did the box accept your postcode ? Can you display the Freesat retune option ? This requires the box to be able to contact the freesat home transponder, without this you will be stuck. There is a non freesat option but it will be simpler to check the following using your other non-freesat receiver.
    With the generic FTA box check you can receive from ?
    11425 H DVB-S QPSK 27500 2/3

My HDR-1100S has a soul. The pure fact that you may have come with a solution, has persuaded it to finally find a signal, which allowed me to finish the set-up. It works. Thanks. This came after probably nine efforts; but then with the tenth, it went through the procedure in no time.

Did you get the confirmation during the reset that two cables were found ?

No, I did not, because in the room where it is normally used - and in my workshop - I only have one sat connection. My FoxSat has the luxury of having two.
    </blockquote
    The box should have set up a internal link from tuner 1 out to tuner 2 in therefore setting up dual recording and 3rd channel viewing with some limitations.

See

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Wed 24 Oct 2018 14:24:15 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ted

grahamlthompson - 18 hours ago  » 

Ted - 2 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 minute ago  » 

Ted - 4 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 8 minutes ago  » 

Ted - 2 hours ago  » 
    Like so many, I tested the signal with another - non-Freesat - receiver, and went to restore factory settings. The message from the posts so far seems to be: don't panic, be patient and everything will be fine, in the end. But my HDR-1100S is still 'searching for a satellite signal'. Does anyone know if and how this step can be skipped and if - like on the FoxSat - I could search for non-Freesat channels, to see if that may lead anywhere?

During the reset did the box accept your postcode ? Can you display the Freesat retune option ? This requires the box to be able to contact the freesat home transponder, without this you will be stuck. There is a non freesat option but it will be simpler to check the following using your other non-freesat receiver.
    With the generic FTA box check you can receive from ?
    11425 H DVB-S QPSK 27500 2/3

My HDR-1100S has a soul. The pure fact that you may have come with a solution, has persuaded it to finally find a signal, which allowed me to finish the set-up. It works. Thanks. This came after probably nine efforts; but then with the tenth, it went through the procedure in no time.

Did you get the confirmation during the reset that two cables were found ?

No, I did not, because in the room where it is normally used - and in my workshop - I only have one sat connection. My FoxSat has the luxury of having two.
    </blockquote
    The box should have set up a internal link from tuner 1 out to tuner 2 in therefore setting up dual recording and 3rd channel viewing with some limitations.
    See
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. But meanwhile, my original problem is not completely solved. Setup succeeded on one tuner, but with the other tuner I still get the message about a weak or missing signal. I expected setup to work on both tuners and I am reluctant to start the whole process again on the other tuner. Any suggestion on how to proceed would be welcome.

| Thu 25 Oct 2018 9:13:44 #32 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I think your 2nd tuner issue is down to the limitations of single cable mode and you are trying to get a channel that isn't available because of the transponder tuner 1 is currently using.. and is not a fault.

Try this go to channel 972 (BBC 1 HD England) and start a instant recording. (972 is on a low band horizontal transponder

enter 125 to change to More4 + 1 (also on a low band horizontal transponder) and start a second recording this will only work if tuner 2 has a signal so the box is now using tuner 1 and 2. Check signal diagnostics when recording both.

| Thu 25 Oct 2018 13:36:19 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

CWatters

I had similar issues today. No or intermittent signal.

Solved it by disconnecting the cables on the back of my Humax and reconnecting them. They were tight so there was nothing obviously wrong with them but I did it anyway.

It seems that over time the contact had degraded and was intermittently preventing DC power going from the Humax box to power the LNB on the dish!

Worth trying before calling out the engineer.

| Thu 21 Nov 2019 23:42:43 #34 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.