My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

"Record entire series" prompt

(40 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

OK. I can now see the CRIDs but to do so I found that I had to enable "Debug mode" (from thread link in #4 post above) as well. Thanks for the help.

To stop this thread from becoming too long and complicated to follow do you guys think I should now close it and, if the problem returns, start a new thread including full details and "Series CRIDs"? The new thread would then be easier to follow?

| Sun 19 Aug 2018 10:40:44 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Don't think it matters either way. Basic primer.

Series recording requires a series crid which must be the same for all programmes the broadcaster considers is part of the series. They don't have to be on the same channel so a broadcaster like the BBC can switch from BBC1 - HD to BBC2-HD for some episodes. example ITV series recorded all the James Bond movies as a series.

and

A programme CRID that is different for each episode but is the same for repeats of the same episode (so the box doesn't record repeats where they have used the same series CRID)

| Sun 19 Aug 2018 13:21:31 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

OK. I'll leave the thread open and come back to it if/when I have CRID issues as per my original post.

| Sun 19 Aug 2018 14:32:22 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

22nd Aug 2018, 8pm - The problem happened again. Freesat channel 107, BBC4 HD, I decided to record it whilst part way through watching it. In the “TV Guide” I selected the program, “Sacred wonders of Britain” (episode 2/3) and then pressed the ‘Record’ button. Although part of a series with ‘Series CRIDs’ included the “Record Entire series” prompt was not displayed and only the current episode was recorded. After recording was complete I looked ahead one week and set same program, 3rd and final episode, to record and this time I was offered the prompt even though it was last in the series.
    Could it be that the “Record entire series“ prompt doesn’t appear if pressing “Record” whilst watching the same program?

| Tue 28 Aug 2018 8:21:45 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

PS. Here is a picture of the screen showing the Series CRIDs but they did not make the ""Record entire series" prompt appear.

Attachments

1. BBC4_22082018_-_Resized.JPG (99.9 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    | Tue 28 Aug 2018 8:28:15 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Justintime - 20 minutes ago  » ...Could it be that the “Record entire series“ prompt doesn’t appear if pressing “Record” whilst watching the same program?

Yes, that is one of the "features" of the box that has been there since day 1 and despite flagging to Humax/Freesat it has never been fixed.

| Tue 28 Aug 2018 8:44:04 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Justintime - 1 hour ago  » 
    22nd Aug 2018, 8pm - The problem happened again. Freesat channel 107, BBC4 HD, I decided to record it whilst part way through watching it. In the “TV Guide” I selected the program, “Sacred wonders of Britain” (episode 2/3) and then pressed the ‘Record’ button. Although part of a series with ‘Series CRIDs’ included the “Record Entire series” prompt was not displayed and only the current episode was recorded. After recording was complete I looked ahead one week and set same program, 3rd and final episode, to record and this time I was offered the prompt even though it was last in the series.
    Could it be that the “Record entire series“ prompt doesn’t appear if pressing “Record” whilst watching the same program?

You should press the OK button not the record button. You can't set a series record on a programme that has already started for the simple reason there's no way to start the broadcast stream again. If you were tuned to the programme from the beginning pressing the record button will create a one off recording using the content stored in the time shift buffer. To set a series recording you would need to find the next occurrence by simply paging forward the epg to the 8th day ahead.

| Tue 28 Aug 2018 9:44:04 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

"You should press the OK button not the record button"
    : - I tried pressing the 'OK' button to record a program I was already watching and I was offered the "Record" option but this behaved no differently than pressing the "Record" button and I was not offered the "Record entire series" prompt?

To be definite about this is the following statement correct?: - "You can only use the 'Record entire series' function if selecting 'Record' before the program starts".

| Tue 28 Aug 2018 10:35:35 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Justintime - 16 minutes ago  » ..."You can only use the 'Record entire series' function if selecting 'Record' before the program starts".

Correct.

| Tue 28 Aug 2018 10:52:35 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Justintime - 26 minutes ago  » 

"You should press the OK button not the record button"
    : - I tried pressing the 'OK' button to record a program I was already watching and I was offered the "Record" option but this behaved no differently than pressing the "Record" button and I was not offered the "Record entire series" prompt?
    To be definite about this is the following statement correct?: - "You can only use the 'Record entire series' function if selecting 'Record' before the program starts".

Correct - you can only record a programme that you are watching, if not set to record by recording it from the time shift buffer. The recording will only be complete if the box was tuned to the channel when the programme started. On any PVR there is no way to record the complete broadcast stream if the programme has already started other than from the on box buffer. The only thing Humax could do is schedule the next episode, which is easy to do anyway.

| Tue 28 Aug 2018 11:06:15 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.