My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Recordings stopping after less than a minute

(42 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sue343

Hi Graham
    Thanks for your suggestions. I don't have any channels in the 800s so I don't think I have any duplicate channels. I believe I am firmly in the Crystal Palace area but if you want to double check you could try postcode TW11 9NN. Is there any particular reason you are asking me to try HD channels? I normally use SD channels - are you suggesting that this problem might only affect SD muxes for some reason?
    Sue

| Sun 23 Feb 2020 7:18:35 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

NevM

Hi,
    I received the following reply from Humax support re the case I raised for this a few weeks back:
    "Thank you for checking that and for advising us that others seem to be having a similar issue to you in this regard. The fact that this is now happening on different models of boxes on different TV platforms (Freeview and Freesat). Would indicate that it is likely as expressed on the forum thread you included to be a broadcast related issue with the EPG data. I have passed this feedback on and we will be now looking in to this matter to see if there is anything on ourside that can be adjusted to help rectify this quite peculiar problem."

So just looking at the recent replies, I'm also off the Crystal Palace transmitter & I don't have any channels in the 800's either. I mainly use the SD channels for recording.

My box was connected to internet via cable straight into the hub, probably completely unrelated but I have never been able to get My5 working on this box, I did speak to Humax back in October they told me they were aware of an issue with My5 & were working with them to resolve. My fathers box which has the same issues as mine is not connected to the internet. Since I did the factory reset on 13th Feb I've not bothered to reconnect it & it doesn't seem to have made any difference with it connected or not. The only thing I notice recently is the guide is sometimes showing "no program information" My box was connected to internet & working fine right up to 13/02, yet the failures started 31/01.

| Mon 24 Feb 2020 9:49:20 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

NevM

Sorry just to clarify my last line to avoid any confusion, when I say my box was working fine up to 13/02 I meant the internet service, so apart from My5 I was able to use all the usual on demand services, but the recordings (mainly on channel 5) were still failing.

| Mon 24 Feb 2020 9:54:47 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

So since my last post on this thread I have found another 3 recording on my box with the same issue (no failed recording icon but only recorded for 1-2 minutes and always the adverts before the programme started). I've noticed when it does this then when you click on the recording from the list instead of telling you about the programme on the right hand side of the screen (next to the little picture with Watch, Delete etc underneath it which is on the the left) it's blank on the right hand side.

My problematic recording were- One was E4 7.30pm 13th Feb and two at 10pm 4th Feb Channel 4HD and Channel 5HD.

My internet connection has been fine so I don't feel it can be that.
    I also hadn't experienced this problem until February.

| Tue 25 Feb 2020 9:59:01 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Christina2018 - 42 mins ago  » 
    So since my last post on this thread I have found another 3 recording on my box with the same issue (no failed recording icon but only recorded for 1-2 minutes and always the adverts before the programme started). I've noticed when it does this then when you click on the recording from the list instead of telling you about the programme on the right hand side of the screen (next to the little picture with Watch, Delete etc underneath it which is on the the left) it's blank on the right hand side.

| Tue 25 Feb 2020 10:42:21 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 30 secs ago  » 

Christina2018 - 42 mins ago  » 

If you set a manual recording using a repeating pattern does that work OK.

| Tue 25 Feb 2020 10:43:44 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sue343

grahamlthompson - 3 days ago  » 
    Not experienced any problems with recording set at auto with any recordings using a FVP-5000T.
    From any of the following channels.
    BBC1-HD, BBC2-HD, ITV-HD, Channel -4 HD and Channel 5 -HD.
    The few other HD channels from the two temporary MUX COM 7 and COM 8, my transmitter does not have.
    Can you set test recordings from the above list and report what happens.

Graham
    Just to let you know, I have tried recording random HD programmes without generating the fault, but it is difficult for me to prove anything one way or the other because I actually hadn't experienced the fault at all for 9 days until yesterday evening when I had another problem with an SD recording. But I see from other posts that others have experienced the fault on HD recordings so I don't see that it can be anything specific to SD.
    Sue

| Wed 26 Feb 2020 7:33:52 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can you try the following and post what happens.

On BBC 1-HD (101) locate Wanted Down Under Revisited at 11:00 today.

Press OK choose the Record This Programme option and press OK

Press Exit

Press the recordings button. Press Down 5 times to highlight the Schedule option

Press OK.

Check the Wanted Down Under Revisited is highlighted,

Press the + button (edit)

Press down to reschedule and press OK.

Move down to start time and press OK. Enter 10:48. Move to Duration change to 49 mins.

Move to repeat and change it to daily.

Leave mode at Recording,

You have now created a daily manual repeating timer with + and - 2 mins padding.

Check todays recording is made OK. After this check the schedule has the same set for tomorrow.

Post what happens

If you aren't at home. Set the same recording for tomorrows same programme in the same way when you get home today. When you get home tomorrow check the recording has been made and that the following day has a recording schedule.

Also check that you don't have channel numbers over 800.

| Wed 26 Feb 2020 9:58:17 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sue343

Graham
    I did as you requested and all worked fine. But this doesn't surprise me, as I have other manual repeating recordings set up in this way and haven't (to date) had any problems with them. Reading through your previous contributions, you seem to have become interested in manual recordings in this context because someone said that the very short recordings we are experiencing came without a programme description, but all my recent ones have had a description (although I seem to recall that some of the earlier ones didn't). As others have said, I think the recordings are starting prior to the proper CRID being transmitted and stopping when the CRID is transmitted - this may, I guess, sometimes mean that the link to the programme details is not properly picked up. But then the question becomes why is recording starting early?

| Wed 26 Feb 2020 12:05:23 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sue343

PS
    Sorry - forgot to confirm that, as I have said before, I have no channels in the 800 range.

| Wed 26 Feb 2020 12:06:26 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.