My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MissMae

You may remember I solved the non responsive remote control problem by carrying out a default reset however, I now have the problem of a Humax 9150T that constantly reboots and nothing is sorting it!

So, do I give up on it and buy a new receiver or is there hope? <<fingers crossed for hope>>

TIA

| Wed 28 Dec 2011 14:18:36 #221 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I fear you are going to need cables to try and restore the unit by uploading, however you could try switching the power off for a while and see if that helps.

| Wed 28 Dec 2011 14:43:38 #222 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 
    I fear you are going to need cables to try and restore the unit by uploading

Barry, what do you think the problem is?

| Wed 28 Dec 2011 17:40:40 #223 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Don't really know is the honest answer Martin, but with the correct cables of course there are a few things we could try.

Upload the software, loader or even a default file to try and regain control of the unit.

| Wed 28 Dec 2011 18:13:34 #224 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MissMae

Was your reply regarding the cables in response to my post Barry? If so then I have had the unit switched off, unplugged and sat on the naughty step for 3 days now and still it refuses to behave

| Wed 28 Dec 2011 19:29:30 #225 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MissMae - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Was your reply regarding the cables in response to my post Barry?

I think it was. Before you do that could you say whether the box is still crashing if the TV aerial is unplugged before turning on the power?

| Wed 28 Dec 2011 20:07:53 #226 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MissMae

Yes it is. At least I think it is, I've tried so many ways to get it to work that I can't remember!

Something else I've noticed is that the fan noise is different, it whirrs strongly when I first switch on, then slows to almost nothing before stopping, when it stops it seems to lose connection with the TV as I get the standard 'no signal' message, the fan then kicks in again and the unit reboots, it does that constantly.

| Wed 28 Dec 2011 20:17:25 #227 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

GeoffT

Hello. I am attempting to solve this problem for my mother who is 91 and lives a long way from me (no need (or help) to be "amazed" at how many people haven't updated their software - a lot will be like her with no tech knowledge whatsoever).
    I'm sure this will be somewhere in the hundreds of posts but could someone tell me a) what was the software version before this latest update and b) what is it after the update.
    The reason I ask is that I have an email from Graham North at Humax saying that the December update would be 1.02.26 but the link in his email is to a July update 1.00.26 and 1.00.26 is the version shown on the broadcast schedule.

Many thanks for your help and great site - only just found it whilst trying to solve my mothers "remote control" issue

| Thu 29 Dec 2011 13:24:39 #228 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

GeoffT - 22 minutes ago  » 
    but could someone tell me a) what was the software version before this latest update and b) what is it after the update.
    The reason I ask is that I have an email from Graham North at Humax saying that the December update would be 1.02.26 but the link in his email is to a July update 1.00.26 and 1.00.26 is the version shown on the broadcast schedule.

You haven't told us which model box your mother has? Assuming it is a 9150/9300 then 1.00.26 is current (and as you have noted has been around for a while) and 1.00.23 was the previous version.

| Thu 29 Dec 2011 13:49:13 #229 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

GeoffT

Many thanks for your prompt reply. Sorry - yes, it's a 9150T.

So what is the 1.02.26 mentioned in the Humax email? All I'm trying to ascertain here is, when I check the software version she has on her box, if it is 1.00.26 is it up to date and therefore the problem she has is not related to software or is there another update needed?

I'm hoping it is a software problem because if not, I'm lost.

Thanks again.

| Thu 29 Dec 2011 13:59:09 #230 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.