Retune deletes scheduled recordings....

(36 posts)
  1. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Martin Liddle - 20 hours ago  » 

Stephenesque - 1 hour ago  » 
    As that has always been what's happened with my 9200Ts

If you go back far enough there was a time with the 9200T when the recording schedule was left intact. Whether or not recordings took place was of course a bit of a lottery depending on what had changed.

I actually bought my first 9200T on the day it was released but I have a terrible memory and can't remember it doing that.

| Thu 24 Dec 2015 15:00:36 #21 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Faust - 6 minutes ago  » Well have I been using this system with the Pannies for at least the last decade and not had one hint of a problem to date. I simply select the all GB best signal quality option. I always let the machine auto tune in any event and again this all works and selects the region in which I live.
    BTW I live in an area where I could if I so wished pick up no less than 3 different regions quite comfortably. In fact I switched off the new channel update message because when the regions were going digital I would get messages almost every day from the different regions.

That's good to know, thanks. In the short time I've had the Panasonic, like you, it just works and I've tried all methods of tuning and update. Where I live I sometimes pick up two transmitters but they are from the same region, one is a relay of the other but the unwanted transmitter is weak. My friend on the other hand who has replaced his 9300 with a DMR-HWT150 (lives close but much higher) can receive from two regions. I'm not sure exactly what he did during tuning but he has two channels in the 800s from different multiplexes, where all the other channels from those multiplexes are I've no idea.

| Thu 24 Dec 2015 15:11:28 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Stephenesque - 1 day ago  » 

Martin Liddle - 20 hours ago  » 

Stephenesque - 1 hour ago  » 
    As that has always been what's happened with my 9200Ts

If you go back far enough there was a time with the 9200T when the recording schedule was left intact. Whether or not recordings took place was of course a bit of a lottery depending on what had changed.

I actually bought my first 9200T on the day it was released but I have a terrible memory and can't remember it doing that.

I believe the deletion of the schedule was introduced in 2007 via 1.00.15 with the start of freeview playback functionality being implemented.

| Sat 26 Dec 2015 11:29:25 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Even though the original schedule is deleted, if one goes into the recordings screen and then selects a recording that is already there, there will be an option to schedule further recordings of this series. Much easier than trying to remember or search everything afresh.

| Fri 5 Feb 2016 11:38:27 #24 |
  5. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

SSThing - 4 days ago  » 
    Even though the original schedule is deleted, if one goes into the recordings screen and then selects a recording that is already there, there will be an option to schedule further recordings of this series. Much easier than trying to remember or search everything afresh.

Thanks for that tip; I doubt I'd have thought of re-scheduling that way. Though hopefully I won't have to.

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 12:46:54 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I always take a picture of our recording schedule with my phone or Tablet. It makes rebuilding the schedule after it has been wiped a far easier task - certainly easier than pencil and paper.

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 16:55:08 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

maninfrontoftv

SSThing - 4 days ago  » 

Good tip - I will remember to use this when I next retune.

I had an old PVR9200T before the new FVP4000T and I was hoping that they might have fixed this problem!!!

I (like others above) used to take pictures of the screen to allow me to reload the schedule manually afterwards.

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 20:10:24 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

kevmull

I've emailed Humax about this and also the favourites list being deleted. I suggested an option to be able to back up both the schedule and the favourites which they said they will put to the engineers but i'm not holding my breath!

| Sun 22 May 2016 0:26:47 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

kevmull - 25 minutes ago  » 
    I've emailed Humax about this and also the favourites list being deleted. I suggested an option to be able to back up both the schedule and the favourites which they said they will put to the engineers but i'm not holding my breath!

Are you sure that the situation hasn't changed with the latest software?

| Sun 22 May 2016 0:53:42 #29 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Luke - 6 hours ago  » 

kevmull - 25 minutes ago  » 

Are you sure that the situation hasn't changed with the latest software?

Nothing has changed - That is my experience anyway.

| Sun 22 May 2016 7:51:24 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.