My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Schedule Not Displaying Info for Series

(56 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jemict - 2 hours ago  » 
    I am tuned to an HG multiplex but how would I know if it's BBC B HD Multiplex?

Look it up at https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management/channel-listings-industry-professionals

| Fri 28 Jan 2022 19:56:59 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jemict

Martin Liddle - 16 hours ago  » 

Jemict - 2 hours ago  » 
    I am tuned to an HG multiplex but how would I know if it's BBC B HD Multiplex?

Look it up at https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management/channel-listings-industry-professionals

Thanks. Yes seems to be BBC B HD multiplex. So presumably the problem lies with the EPG not sending the correct info over so the Series link can pick it up.

Must be something has changed as it was all working fine before the New Year. At least I think I've found the workaround but it really needs fixing.

| Sat 29 Jan 2022 12:36:35 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jemict - 1 hour ago  » 
    At least I think I've found the workaround but it really needs fixing.

If you want it fixing try raising a complaint with the BBC, I think there is an online form on their website. They may may pass it on to some other organisation but usually the BBC are better than most at least giving some response to a complaint. Give as much technical detail as possible.

| Sat 29 Jan 2022 14:30:20 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jemict

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

Jemict - 1 hour ago  » 
    At least I think I've found the workaround but it really needs fixing.

If you want it fixing try raising a complaint with the BBC, I think there is an online form on their website. They may may pass it on to some other organisation but usually the BBC are better than most at least giving some response to a complaint. Give as much technical detail as possible.

Good idea. I have now done so and will update this thread when I have a reply.

| Sat 29 Jan 2022 16:13:39 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

axlegrease

Thanks for this the same issue is on the HDR T2, it has been driving me round the twist for weeks as it is only ever used on the HD channels. A switch to channel 1 sorted it all out for at least the week to come. I have set up a manual daily record on an SD channel for a few minutes to hopefully make a work round.
    I too have filled in the BBC form https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/tell-bbc/ Tell BBC.
    If others are having the issue a few more reporting it may give a better chance of it being looked into???

| Sun 30 Jan 2022 17:17:17 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jemict

axlegrease - 1 min ago  » 
    Thanks for this the same issue is on the HDR T2, it has been driving me round the twist for weeks as it is only ever used on the HD channels. A switch to channel 1 sorted it all out for at least the week to come. I have set up a manual daily record on an SD channel for a few minutes to hopefully make a work round.
    I too have filled in the BBC form https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/tell-bbc/ Tell BBC.
    If others are having the issue a few more reporting it may give a better chance of it being looked into???

I'll use that form too. Thanks.

| Sun 30 Jan 2022 17:19:40 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jemict

Just to update that the recordings set to use an SD channel made no difference. So for now I'll just have to do it manually each day for a few minutes.

| Sun 30 Jan 2022 19:42:20 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

axlegrease

Jemict - 14 hours ago  » 
    Just to update that the recordings set to use an SD channel made no difference. So for now I'll just have to do it manually each day for a few minutes.

Thanks for your reply I agree it wasn't working for me either so to correct my earlier post:

"I have set up a daily manual recording for a few minutes every day from channel 1 early in the morning hoping that will update the guide and sort the series link out."

A daily record does not seem to work but a daily reminder seems to, as that just turns the unit on for the specified time and also leaves it on the selected SD channel. (The next time you switch on it will also be on that SD channel).

The test this morning using a reminder seems to have worked. I need to check over the next few days to prove it fully.

Now I appreciate this thread was not about the HDR T2 so I don't know whether a reminder is an option on your units, but if it is see if that helps.

| Mon 31 Jan 2022 10:00:58 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jemict

axlegrease - 3 hours ago  » 

Jemict - 14 hours ago  » 

Thanks for your reply I agree it wasn't working for me either so to correct my earlier post:
    "I have set up a daily manual recording for a few minutes every day from channel 1 early in the morning hoping that will update the guide and sort the series link out."
    A daily record does not seem to work but a daily reminder seems to, as that just turns the unit on for the specified time and also leaves it on the selected SD channel. (The next time you switch on it will also be on that SD channel).
    The test this morning using a reminder seems to have worked. I need to check over the next few days to prove it fully.
    Now I appreciate this thread was not about the HDR T2 so I don't know whether a reminder is an option on your units, but if it is see if that helps.

Thanks for this idea. I have tried it out this morning and it appears to work. Like you I'll set a daily reminder and see how it works out.

| Mon 31 Jan 2022 13:09:56 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jemict

I haven't heard back from the BBC yet but the problem appears to be fixed.

I gave up on the Reminder option last Wednesday as although it worked fine for putting it on an SD channel, the box remained on afterwards which I didn't want. So I planned to just switch channel manually every day.

However I left it a few days just to see what was happening and it seems to now be picking up the Series info even though I haven't switched off the HD channels. I wasn't sure at first but it's now picked up a link due on Saturday 12th which is more than a week since I stopped switching to an SD channel.

So fingers crossed that our reports have got through and the BBC fixed whatever they broke a few weeks ago.

| Sun 6 Feb 2022 17:29:32 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.