My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Sensible suggestions for improving EPG, os etc

(62 posts)
  1. brian

brian

special member

Oporus - 18 hours ago  » 
    Well ... Brian & Martin ... you must have some very special rc units ... and you should look after them with very special care.

I don't think that there is anything special about my Humax remote controls, although the supplied batteries do seem to be special. All of my Humax remote controls are still using the original batteries that they came with.

| Sun 10 Jun 2018 7:58:36 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

nobby1961

The ability to create folders and rename files in the 4000 would be great as it is a major disapointment having seen an earlier Humax. But do Humax listen to the feedback?

An acknowledgment of what was being worked on for future release would be nice.

| Sun 10 Jun 2018 17:05:39 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Oporus - 1 day ago  » 
    Well ... Brian & Martin ... you must have some very special rc units ... and you should look after them with very special care.

So which Humax boxes have you used? I am well aware that some Humax remotes have not been brilliant but I am taking issue with your statement that "all Humax remotes are terrible".

| Sun 10 Jun 2018 18:04:42 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

HDR1000S remote... never have liked the clicky buttons, but still have the original I got with the box almost 6 years ago. Used daily and still going strong, does what I tell it to do and never falters. Not the best I've had but not so terrible.

| Sun 10 Jun 2018 20:09:45 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oporus

Had a reply from Humax

The issues you have described could be due to the following reasons:
    --------

'Some files copy OK but take 40 minutes' - This could be due to a large file size
    'Some files will not copy because of copy protection-
    Some files will not copy because they will only copy once, because of copy protection' - Both issues described can be due to the fact that this decision is made by the broadcaster, whether or not the file can be copied
    'Some files will not copy at all' - This could be the case if the programme is HD or if the size of the file is too large

I have arranged for the remote to be sent out, I'm confident this will resolve issues you were experiencing before and it should hopefully be with you soon to test.

--------

The remote arrived and is much better than the original.

All the problems with copying files is apparently completely normal. How can copying a 1 hour SD programme take 40 minutes and be described as normal ?

So if this is a normal Humax box, neither the seller or Humax have offered to replace it, I can only do the obvious and tell everyone Humax boxes are no good and never buy another one.

Next time I will buy a Panasonic.

| Thu 21 Jun 2018 8:47:57 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimonR

Has anybody noticed when a timed recording is made, the information stored is for the program following the one recorded ?
    For example, if I record between 5 and 7pm, when I list the recordings, the information displayed is for the show starting at 6pm, not for the one recorded starting at 5pm.
    I found this when having to manually add times on to multi-part programs. F1 on Channel 4 is the latest to show this - it is three seperate programs on the planner, but I can only record the first part - which means I miss the race plus the interviews afterwards !

| Sat 30 Jun 2018 12:58:27 #36 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SimonR - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Has anybody noticed when a timed recording is made, the information stored is for the program following the one recorded ?
    For example, if I record between 5 and 7pm, when I list the recordings, the information displayed is for the show starting at 6pm, not for the one recorded starting at 5pm.
    I found this when having to manually add times on to multi-part programs. F1 on Channel 4 is the latest to show this - it is three seperate programs on the planner, but I can only record the first part - which means I miss the race plus the interviews afterwards !

It's presumably a consequence of using padding.

The channel 4 issue is likely to be a series recording crid codes screw up by channel 4. You could simply set 3 manual recordings to record all 3 parts.

| Sat 30 Jun 2018 13:02:55 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimonR

If I select to record part one, I am then unable to mark parts two and three for recording. Using the planner, the option to record parts two and three is there, but when selected the program is not marked for and does not record.

| Sat 30 Jun 2018 17:42:56 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SimonR

If I select to record part one, I am then unable to mark parts two and three for recording. Using the planner, the option to record parts two and three is there, but when selected the program is not marked for and does not record.
    This was discussed in another thread for a while, other people experienced the problem, but there was never a proper remedy.
    The titling of the recording when manually selecting times as a workaround is a result of this.

| Sat 30 Jun 2018 17:49:33 #39 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SimonR - 15 hours ago  » 

Add two manual recordings.

Recordings - Schedule - Up to add a schedule.

| Sun 1 Jul 2018 9:36:35 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.