| Sat 2 Jan 2021 23:51:21 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Exactly the same for me too:

FVP-4KGTR
    1.00_25_201029_0a7a47a
    A31D9F00
    Update says Oct 29, 2020 11:06:43 am

I have a number of recordings shown in the "Scheduled" list. When I go into the EPG, there is no Record icon shown. If I go into the entry on the EPG and select Record, it asks if I want to record single program or series, and after I select either, goes back to same screen and doesn't indicate that the program will be recorded.

I went back to the entry on the Scheduled list and deleted it, then back to the EPG guide, and this time when I selected "Record" it changed to "Cancel Record" and confirmed it was being recorded.

When you say this bug is fixed, what version of software has the fix and how do we get hold of it please?

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 1:12:18 #12 |
  3. brian

brian

special member

MattB1 - 9 hours ago  » 
    FVP-4KGTR
    1.00_25_201029_0a7a47a
    A31D9F00
    I have a number of recordings shown in the "Scheduled" list. When I go into the EPG, there is no Record icon shown. If I go into the entry on the EPG and select Record, it asks if I want to record single program or series, and after I select either, goes back to same screen and doesn't indicate that the program will be recorded.
    I went back to the entry on the Scheduled list and deleted it, then back to the EPG guide, and this time when I selected "Record" it changed to "Cancel Record" and confirmed it was being recorded.
    When you say this bug is fixed, what version of software has the fix and how do we get hold of it please?

You are already on the latest version.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 10:58:19 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MattB1 - 10 hours ago  » 
    FVP-4KGTR
    1.00_25_201029_0a7a47a
    A31D9F00

The previous software had this issue.

Are you by any chance setting a recording on BBC1 and then accepting to record in HD. If so you will not see it in the epg till you go to 101. ? Same for BBC-2

Not had any examples of recordings not being flagged in the epg using that software version.

I must have recorded over 50 programmes from the HD channels over Christmas. All of them recorded OK and were shown in the epg.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 11:19:05 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

For me I've got the EPG set up only to show the channels we watch (the five traditional ones in HD plus BBC4) so it won't be that for us. There's a possibility that could happen for us with BBC1 as we flick to channel 001 for the local news, but for BBC2 and Ch5 we never ever watch the SD channels.

It's a difficult bug to reproduce at home as it needs a series to be set and for its name to change for my scenario to be visible. World's Strongest Man was a good test, but that's passed now. I'll have a look through the EPG and see if there's something similar to test it on.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 11:40:17 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have just set a few recordings on BBC1-HD today. All of them are flagged in the epg.

Attachments

1. BBC1-HD)-02.jpg (151.2 KB, 3 downloads) 3 years old
    2. BBC1-HD)-01.jpg (164.7 KB, 3 downloads) 3 years old
    | Sun 3 Jan 2021 11:40:49 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Matching Schedule View

Attachments

1. Matching-Schedule.jpg (116.5 KB, 3 downloads) 3 years old
    | Sun 3 Jan 2021 11:46:38 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

But isn't the programme name consistent throughout those series?

The series where for us my wife spent 20 minutes trying to record the ones which the EPG appeared to indicate weren't being recorded were ones where the original episode had the normal name, but the final or subsequent episode had an amended title (e.g. "Grand Final" or "Christmas special" etc).

Had we not looked in the EPG they would have recorded fine anyway, but the absence of the R indicator and the incorrect info in the text page (when viewed from the EPG) left my wife assuming that they wouldn't record, and it wasn't until I delved into the scheduled recordings after trying to work out whether I'd used all three tuners etc that I could see that they were in fact set to record.

So it's all functioning correctly. But the UI is displaying buggy and confusing information to a normal user.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 12:01:17 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

The only series i could find on the EPG with name changes was the joy of painting on BBC4 (one episode on Thursday had a different title) but as those episodes are played multiple times the box preferred to record an earlier broadcast of episode 15 which the BBC hadn't allocated a different name to (!) so it might not be possible to test with that series. If I get time later I'll set up sufficient clashes with the earlier broadcast of episode 15 and then see if the series linked recording of the name changed version of episode 15 shows correctly in the EPG.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 12:11:48 #19 |
  10. The Moog

The Moog

I had the same issue with the F1 races on Channel 4. Each race obviously has a different name, and the qualifying session has a different name again.

All of these were included in the series link, were shown in the recording schedule and were correctly recorded, but the 'R' icon did not appear next to them in the EPG. I was on the current firmware.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 12:20:36 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.