My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Series link but different names bug?

(58 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MattB1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've owned a number of Humax boxes, going back to Humax PVR-9200T which I think was first, and all of them have had issues with series record. The majority of the problems as Graham has pointed out is bad data from the broadcasters and nothing to do with the box itself.

I have also owned a number of different Humax boxes that support series record and my experience is that if the box is tuned to a single transmitter and recordings are from channels that support accurate recording then series recording works really well; certainly not perfect but problems are infrequent.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 22:55:05 #51 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 19 mins ago  » 

MattB1 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've owned a number of Humax boxes, going back to Humax PVR-9200T which I think was first, and all of them have had issues with series record. The majority of the problems as Graham has pointed out is bad data from the broadcasters and nothing to do with the box itself.

I have also owned a number of different Humax boxes that support series record and my experience is that if the box is tuned to a single transmitter and recordings are from channels that support accurate recording then series recording works really well; certainly not perfect but problems are infrequent.

None of the kit here in this thread is tuned to multiple transmitters.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 23:15:59 #52 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bargain Hunt Update

HDR-1000s

Schedule - Every day from today till Mon Next Week

EPG Flagged as schedule

FVP-5000T

Schedule Mon Today Next Friday Mon Next Week

EPG Only Scheduled Days Flagged. Could be tomorrow will get flagged after todays recording completes.

Aura Identical to 5000T will check again after todays recording

Foxsat-HDR - Same as HDR-1000S

| Mon 4 Jan 2021 10:21:46 #53 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have found a new one.

Setting on Aura

Both today

4-HD new series 15:00 A Place In The Sun Setting Series - not flagged in epg and no cancel option. Schedule is correct and shows all within current epg

Followed by another new Series 16:00 A new Life In the Sun. Set series appears in epg and Schedule is correct.

Can someone else set same to confirm same result ?

| Mon 4 Jan 2021 11:50:10 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

This one looks to be Aura only as it sets and displays as expected on my 4000t.

| Mon 4 Jan 2021 11:54:54 #55 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 6 mins ago  » 
    This one looks to be Aura only as it sets and displays as expected on my 4000t.

Not on my 5000T. It is the same as the Aura. It might be transmitter related. as per #53

| Mon 4 Jan 2021 12:02:55 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Just as a part of testing, have you plugged a usb/hdd into your TV and tried to set up the same recording?

| Mon 4 Jan 2021 12:11:48 #57 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 6 mins ago  » 
    Just as a part of testing, have you plugged a usb/hdd into your TV and tried to set up the same recording?

Nope. With the number of PVRs I have no point. The TV freesat tuner actually uses the Foxsat-HDR tuner 1 out to get a Freesat feed. This will be limited when the Foxsat-HDR is recording.

It does not have an aerial feed to the aerial socket.

I have another Android TV device (A Vbox)) I can try the Bargain Hunt series on.

I have set this as a series. This box should continue to record any Bargain Hunt on BBC1- HD until the series is cancelled.

| Mon 4 Jan 2021 12:21:03 #58 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.