My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Series link but different names bug?

(58 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Do you now understand why the ordinary user would think that there is a problem with their box?

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 19:00:35 #41 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 1 min ago  » 
    Do you now understand why the ordinary user would think that there is a problem with their box?

It's a very recent issue. I have been recording Bargain Hunt on the 5000T for weeks for my better half.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 19:02:53 #42 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bargain Hunt already set on G2 box on BBC1-HD . I will have a look what happens tomorrow.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 19:27:55 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Found another example by chance today relating to BakeOff.

Here's a video of the issue I'm seeing. To be clear, I don't care that the scheduled item shows a different name, but the EPG showing no info about the recording status is unhelpful of that is "as designed" or a bug if that's not what should happen.

https://youtu.be/AnGBFUPMM6A

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 19:39:17 #44 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

larkim - 5 mins ago  » 
    Found another example by chance today relating to BakeOff.
    Here's a video of the issue I'm seeing. To be clear, I don't care that the scheduled item shows a different name, but the EPG showing no info about the recording status is unhelpful of that is "as designed" or a bug if that's not what should happen.
    https://youtu.be/AnGBFUPMM6A

The FVP-5000T seems to have the same issue as well.
    It should not happen. As you can see from this thread it happens on other other channels as well. The software release that you have was supposed to fix this. Clearly it did not. It does seem to be mainly on the BBC channels, hence trying to replicate on other Freeview and Freesat Kit.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 19:47:39 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

I've had this three times only that I know of; BBC2HD, Ch4HD and Ch5HD.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 19:51:34 #46 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

larkim - 3 mins ago  » 
    I've had this three times only that I know of; BBC2HD, Ch4HD and Ch5HD.

I have recorded a lot of CH4-HD and Channel 5-HD over Xmas mostly one off movies. All worked fine, Except a split event The best Exotic Marigold Hotel which not sure whether CH4 or CH5-HD.

The aura records split events as part 1 and part2. Normally you play part1 first and then part 2. Watched part 1 first and switched to part 2. It was like a time machine characters already left, split up etc now went back. I put it down to playback issues at the broadcaster in the end.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 20:03:00 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

As I've said before, I've had no problems at all with actual recordings, just the display of the info which indicates whether a programme will record. I've no doubt that the episode tonight will record properly, despite the oddities in the Humax EPG presentation. My bug is just a minor annoyance really; if recordings were missing that would be a different thing, but I've not experienced that at all.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 20:19:22 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Excellent demo vid Larkin and it would appear that it's easier to record, upload to YouTube and link on here than it is to upload photos!

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 21:06:07 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

I've owned a number of Humax boxes, going back to Humax PVR-9200T which I think was first, and all of them have had issues with series record. The majority of the problems as Graham has pointed out is bad data from the broadcasters and nothing to do with the box itself.

In this instance, it does seem a Humax Aura issue.

The tale tale sign, is that if you select a program in the EPG which doesn't have a R icon shown, but it is in the Scheduled Record list, when you select "Record" button it would normally change to "Cancel Recording", however, in this case nothing happens. I've guessing the Aura has tried to add to the scheduled recording list and realised it is already present and then aborted the UI update to change the button from "Record" to "Cancel Recording".

Personally I can cope with this, and have explained to my family who understand this "bug", but trying to explain this to my parents who I just setup with a Aura is going to be tricky.

Hopefully Humax will pick up the issue and fix it soon.

Do we need to formally report the bug to Humax Support or do we know if they monitor this forum?

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 21:22:01 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.