My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Single channel not loading

(30 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Purplemonsta

Hi everyone
    Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes.
    Developed an issue in the last couple of days where channel 68 freeview (horror channel) does not load I.e just black screen and occasional sound snippets. Channel info loads on bottom of screen- the boxes showing what's on next etc but no main picture.
    Every other channel works fine

Have tried unplugging and restarting but still the same
    Hoping all that makes sense

Any suggestions?

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 7:42:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

macaronipie

Hello have you checked the Signal strength and quality. Settings> Channel & Broadcast> Signal Test.

For me the Horror Channel is number 68 and broadcast on the Channel 41 Mux along with channels like More 4
    Drama, 5 USA, Quest and others, all these channels work fine with picture and sound but the Horror Channel has no picture and the occasional blip of sound.

Have you tried a manual retune on that particular Mux

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 8:58:16 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Channel 68 for me shows 96% Signal Strength and 100% Quality. Loft Aerial 30 mls from a relay transmitter. However Like the OP I have the same issue so it must be a broadcaster issue, If the other channels on the same Mux work OK. It has to a broadcaster issue most likely on the link providing the video and audio data to the op's transmitter. Contact the broadcasters on line help webpage.

The epg data is complete.

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 10:11:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Purplemonsta

Hi macaronipie
    When I select channel 68, then go to signal test page should that show the correct mux channel? If so...
    Signal test shows strength 95%; quality 100%
    Seems to be showing ch 33 mux here (durris transmitter Scotland)

All the other channels you mention work perfectly, as did horror till yesterday!

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 10:16:34 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Purplemonsta - 33 secs ago  » 
    Hi macaronipie
    When I select channel 68, then go to signal test page should that show the correct mux channel? If so...
    Signal test shows strength 95%; quality 100%
    Seems to be showing ch 33 mux here (durris transmitter Scotland)
    All the other channels you mention work perfectly, as did horror till yesterday!

Yes that is telling you the signal strength and quality of the UHF carrier on that MUX. The same data is used for all channels multiplexed onto the carrier.

As already posted my box is the same which is a totally different transmitter it has to a broadcaster issue as I also have the problem (Lark Stoke - Sutton Coldfield Relay - West Midlands) . The MUX epg data is complete for channel 68 but I cannot view any content. There must be a issue at the broadcaster with the data links used to deliver the channel video and audio data to the transmitter.

https://media.info/television/channels/horror-channel

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 10:22:06 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Purplemonsta

Hi grahamlthompson

Thing is I can get the channel on the ther tv's in the house via their built in freeview receiver on each??

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 10:22:28 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Purplemonsta - 1 min ago  » 
    Hi grahamlthompson
    Thing is I can get the channel on the ther tv's in the house via their built in freeview receiver on each??

Same aerial ?

If same aerial how does the signal get to the Aura and the other TV's ? Any amplifiers and/or splitters in the system ?

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 10:24:22 #7 |
  8. Mars

Mars

special member

I also have a blank screen with this channel, but it is working on a Sony TV connected to the same aerial (via the Aura).

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 10:30:44 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mars - 1 min ago  » 
    I also have a blank screen with this channel, but it is working on a Sony TV connected to the same aerial (via the Aura).

Strange what does the TV that works say about the signal level and quality ?

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 10:33:37 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Purplemonsta

The tv that has aura attached is on one aerial.....
    Aerial-aura, then aura-tv. (Aura connected to tv via Hdmi and aerial link)

Other tv's have their own aerials

Not sure if this helps.....Just tried watching channel via the aura app & it works fine!

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 10:36:45 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.