My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update June 15th 2015

(399 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

When I switched on tonight the splash screen went haywire then when the machine finished booting the dark shadow was stuck, looked most bizarre.

Add to this either the remote was frozen or the machine simply wouldn't respond to any remote control inputs. In the end I unplugged the box for a few minutes, switched back on and completed a new software search.

The update installed without issue and the box has been fine since (touch wood).

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 22:51:00 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

No reboots witnessed so far, as always, for those that are, the first thing to try is a factory reset - make a note of your timers as you will have to reschedule them.

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 22:51:47 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

When I switched on my 1000s yesterday I noticed the new splash screen and surmised it had updated OTA while on sby. Went into Settings and sure enough the new update was noted there. As I came out of settings it spontaneously rebooted, been OK since with no intervention on my part.

| Wed 17 Jun 2015 9:40:20 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

jcwacky - 15 hours ago  » 
    Anyone getting reboots after this update?
    My box has rebooted itself twice in the last half hour, just watching TV didn't touch any buttons in between.

Yes getting it as well, for me it's normally when i stop watching something then try to go back into recording it just either shuts down or reboots.

All1

| Wed 17 Jun 2015 12:44:58 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Have you tried a factory reset?

| Wed 17 Jun 2015 13:23:59 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jolf

My HDR 1000s has also started restarting itself since yesterday. Done it twice in the last 30 mins.

| Wed 17 Jun 2015 15:04:23 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jolf - 1 hour ago  » 
    My HDR 1000s has also started restarting itself since yesterday. Done it twice in the last 30 mins.

Can you make a note of your recording schedule (photograph it with a digital camera) and carry out a factory reset ?. Please post if the issue is then resolved. You will have to re-enter the schedule after the reset.

My HDR1000S is not affected.

Were you recording anything at the time ? If so what happened to the recording ?

Welcome to our forum.

| Wed 17 Jun 2015 16:12:52 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jolf

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 

Jolf - 1 hour ago  » 

Can you make a note of your recording schedule (photograph it with a digital camera) and carry out a factory reset ?. Please post if the issue is then resolved. You will have to re-enter the schedule after the reset.
    Were you recording anything at the time ? If so what happened to the recording ?
    Welcome to our forum.

Hi Graham, thanks for the welcome.
    Yes, I've just written down my recordings and reset the box (taking a photo would've been a better idea!)
    I'll see how it gets on now, and let you know if the reset sorted it.
    No I wasn't recording anything at the time, was just on BBC1.

| Wed 17 Jun 2015 16:19:38 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jolf - 9 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 

Jolf - 1 hour ago  » 

Welcome to our forum.

Hi Graham, thanks for the welcome.
    Yes, I've just written down my recordings and reset the box (taking a photo would've been a better idea!)
    I'll see how it gets on now, and let you know if the reset sorted it.
    No I wasn't recording anything at the time, was just on BBC1.

Thanks for that :-). Barry will be very interested in the outcome (see his post).

| Wed 17 Jun 2015 16:30:10 #19 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Indeed I am interested as I want to feed as much info as possible to Humax Towers.

| Wed 17 Jun 2015 17:01:06 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.