My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update June 15th 2015

(399 posts)
  1. spark001uk

spark001uk

This is a bit bizarre. Was just watching TV, and a planned recording started (which just happened to be the channel I was watching), then the screen went black. No picture, no sound. So after proving the problem was the humax and not the TV, I put it in standby and back on again. All is fine, and oddly none of the recording is missing.

| Thu 30 Jul 2015 20:52:06 #391 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Have you uploaded the latest version of software - 2.02.46

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-software-version-20246-available

| Fri 31 Jul 2015 6:17:40 #392 |
  3. spark001uk

spark001uk

Not yet no, I think I'll wait for the ota. Just wondering if it had happened to anyone else, as it seems quite an unusual crash.

| Fri 31 Jul 2015 7:08:25 #393 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thank you for clarifying.

| Fri 31 Jul 2015 7:13:47 #394 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

I did the update on 15th June and box has worked almost perfectly ever since, having said that, it didn't really have any problems before.

The only thing that I have noticed is that I cannot use the rewind button whilst playing back a recording but I can use the skip back button above it. I also installed the free-sat app on my Samsung Galaxy K Zoom phone and I have just been away for 9 days holiday but not abroad and I was able to set some programmes to record from my phone whilst on holiday. I think it has recorded most of them.

I wonder if the problems you are experiencing are because of the hardware version, not the software version. Mine was new in February, I think, and it is the one with the STB and TV buttons on the remote.
    It is the HDR1000S and it has never been any trouble apart from something that was not it's fault but seemed like it was, now resolved.
    Did they update chip sets or something around the time that they put the two extra buttons on the remote.

| Fri 31 Jul 2015 12:36:40 #395 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ozzy - 3 hours ago  » 
    I did the update on 15th June and box has worked almost perfectly ever since, having said that, it didn't really have any problems before.
    The only thing that I have noticed is that I cannot use the rewind button whilst playing back a recording but I can use the skip back button above it. I also installed the free-sat app on my Samsung Galaxy K Zoom phone and I have just been away for 9 days holiday but not abroad and I was able to set some programmes to record from my phone whilst on holiday. I think it has recorded most of them.
    I wonder if the problems you are experiencing are because of the hardware version, not the software version. Mine was new in February, I think, and it is the one with the STB and TV buttons on the remote.
    It is the HDR1000S and it has never been any trouble apart from something that was not it's fault but seemed like it was, now resolved.
    Did they update chip sets or something around the time that they put the two extra buttons on the remote.

No hardware changes are likely to have been made as a result of the new remote. The new remote will control most Humax boxes, including all HDR1000S as will say the original remote (capable of controlling 3 extra devices) that came with the Foxsat-HDR.

| Fri 31 Jul 2015 16:31:08 #396 |
  7. spark001uk

spark001uk

I like the way their instructions for updating tells you to reconnect the power, but doesn't tell you to disconnect it in the first place!

| Sat 1 Aug 2015 7:58:41 #397 |
  8. spark001uk

spark001uk

Barry, forgot to say, if you notify them of this omission, they should also note it'll need inserting into the txt file instructions within the zips, as well as the on-site instructions.

| Sat 1 Aug 2015 11:24:42 #398 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

KRGA24

I don't know whether this is the correct thread, but, I have been through the problems of box 'freezing' etc and the various upgrades (for me) seemed to have cured this.
    I am, however, left with the anomaly of, when there is any voiceover e.g. National Lottery results, i get distinct breaks in sound of just the voiceover.
    Is there anyone else experiencing this or do Human have a solution?
    Incidentally, this is a Human anomaly as I have tried it on the set Freeview and the it is ok.

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 16:40:28 #399 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.