My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update June 15th 2015

(399 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Reffub - 2 hours ago  » 

Faust - 3 hours ago  » 
    I don't find the icons annoying because I can't really see them.
    As you say they made them small and discreet - so discreet many of us can't read them. It is therefore no loss that they have disappeared. Similarly with the scrolling channel indicator. I sit on an angle to the box which either catches the light from the window or the reading lamp, so again I can't really read it from my chair.
    Therefore for all intents and purposes it's already blank for me so it wouldn't be missed.

Okay my mistake, it's just odd that you feel the need to posts so many times about icons that don't bother or annoy you and you can't really see.
    It kind of reminds me of a certain 1000s owning Faust that had a major problem with the existence of HD channels, for some reason he couldn't appreciate them.
    But possibly his dislike of HD was just a matter of struggling with change, as you said many people appear to struggle with change.

It's not really a question of 'your mistake' I just think you hadn't really appreciated why they don't matter to me. I for my part couldn't really understand why something as small as these icons matter to people. As I said before it is a 'set and forget' device so a display of any sort isn't really required (or shouldn't be)

Regarding the HD situation - well given I could have been mistaken and that I don't mind change, I went out and bought myself a new larger Full HD TV and now I can see the difference. However, at times the difference can be minimal which I suspect is down to the broadcaster.

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 14:31:18 #381 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The continuing saga of "The world according to Faust". Now heading for volume 2.

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 16:47:45 #382 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 5 hours ago  » 
    The continuing saga of "The world according to Faust". Now heading for volume 2.

I like my world, as Apple like to say 'everything just works'.

Actually that title might work well for a blog I'm thinking of writing - cheers Pollensa!

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 22:06:21 #383 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rkl

I think one poster wrote he has actually placed black tape across the display.

That would be me - I bought a roll of black insulating tape on Amazon for a few quid specifically to blank out various LED displays that were annoying me. My Asus router got the tape treatment on its blue "disco lights" on the unit *and* even on the power supply unit which had an eye-searingly bright blue light.

The HDR 1000S has a horribly distracting scrolling text display during play operations that caught the edge of my vision many times, causing an ever-increasing level of volcano-like annoyance in my head The much-referenced miniscule icons mentioned here are so small I never even knew the display had them! I never needed those icons either, so on went the black tape and my sanity was duly restored.

This tape-blanking might seem excessive, but with a 50" plasma needing a dark room to avoid reflections, anything shining bright or animated really has to be "blanked out". Plus the HDR/plasma/router are in my bedroom, so I don't want the room lit up like Christmas when I go to bed...

| Sun 26 Jul 2015 17:26:40 #384 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Also got a 50" plasma and also have to cover the 1000s display occasionally due to the scrolling. I think that kind of thing was impressive in the 80's, not so much nowadays.

Actually the scrolling isn't really the problem, what really distracts me is the display going blank and then the programme name flashing back up.

| Mon 27 Jul 2015 8:00:02 #385 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

A fix for the icon issue, and edimax dongle support has been engineered, along with improvements for the reboot problem.

No news on when it will be released, currently being tested, watch this space.

| Mon 27 Jul 2015 13:56:15 #386 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 
    A fix for the icon issue,

Thank goodness for that - given I can't see them perhaps someone will tell me when they have been restored as I definitley need to start using them.

| Mon 27 Jul 2015 15:42:05 #387 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

festus

Ha Ha FAUST, I'VE booked you in to Specsavers.

| Mon 27 Jul 2015 15:50:34 #388 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

TBH as well as being tiny they are very dim as well. (Well they are on my HDR1000S).

| Mon 27 Jul 2015 17:09:23 #389 |
  10. launton

launton

Barry - 3 hours ago  » 
    A fix for the icon issue, and edimax dongle support has been engineered, along with improvements for the reboot problem.
    No news on when it will be released, currently being tested, watch this space.

That's really great Barry thank you.

| Mon 27 Jul 2015 17:55:16 #390 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.