My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update June 15th 2015

(399 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I haven't bothered to roll my box back as it's not been a major issue for me. I elected not to bother, more or less to see what the size of the issue. If as others have reported there was multiple problems in a short period I would of course rolled back the software. Incidentally if the box is left in sby for a long period it does seem very unlikely to be affected. Mine was in sby for two weeks and did not miss a single recording.

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 17:19:10 #371 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

The display worked on the previous software version and all the others before that. I've no idea why some users think one of the world's largest manufacturers of digital set-top boxes (their words) would find it difficult to provide new software which takes into account a new model and still keeps older models and their features working correctly. But if they feel the need to defend them or make excuses then that's their prerogative.

Hopefully an update will be out soon to end the conjecture, speculation, goading and guesswork.

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 20:09:14 #372 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

festus

Reffub, I couldn't agree more.

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 21:12:43 #373 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Just offering a reality check.

Meanwhile, the new box so far at least hasn't generated a rash of new reports, so that's good. Early days of course.

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 21:13:51 #374 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

JamesB - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just offering a reality check.
    Meanwhile, the new box so far at least hasn't generated a rash of new reports, so that's good. Early days of course.

If they haven't got it right by now then they never will.

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 22:31:18 #375 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Reffub - 14 hours ago  » 
    The display worked on the previous software version and all the others before that. I've no idea why some users think one of the world's largest manufacturers of digital set-top boxes (their words) would find it difficult to provide new software which takes into account a new model and still keeps older models and their features working correctly. But if they feel the need to defend them or make excuses then that's their prerogative.
    Hopefully an update will be out soon to end the conjecture, speculation, goading and guesswork.

I'm not sure that 'some users find it difficult to understand why Humax/Freesat can't sort out the icon issue' I think it's more a case that we just don't care.

As I have said in a previous post I set the planner and trust it will record and to date it hasn't really disappointed. It is after all a set and forget device so why you keep worriting about a record icon is beyond my comprehension.

I think one poster wrote he has actually placed black tape across the display. Whilst I haven't gone that far it wouldn't bother me if the whole display suddenly went dark.

P.S. I too haven't rolled back to the previous firmware as I haven't really got an issue with the update. Just one reboot (as far as I know) to date.

| Thu 23 Jul 2015 10:20:52 #376 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Faust - 53 minutes ago  » 
    I'm not sure that 'some users find it difficult to understand why Humax/Freesat can't sort out the icon issue' I think it's more a case that we just don't care.
    As I have said in a previous post I set the planner and trust it will record and to date it hasn't really disappointed. It is after all a set and forget device so why you keep worriting about a record icon is beyond my comprehension.
    I think one poster wrote he has actually placed black tape across the display. Whilst I haven't gone that far it wouldn't bother me if the whole display suddenly went dark.
    P.S. I too haven't rolled back to the previous firmware as I haven't really got an issue with the update. Just one reboot (as far as I know) to date.

Nothing new to post then !

BTW The black tape post you referred to was more to do with blanking out the constantly scrolling/flashing programme name not the tiny little dull icons. I think you are the only poster that finds the icons existence really annoying, most people are just amazed that Humax made them so small and discreet.

| Thu 23 Jul 2015 11:16:36 #377 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

plidrock

I didn't roll my box back. It has been fine for a few weeks until a sudden reboot on Tuesday and another one again this morning around 08.40.

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 9:07:53 #378 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Reffub - 22 hours ago  » 

Faust - 53 minutes ago  » 

Nothing new to post then !
    BTW The black tape post you referred to was more to do with blanking out the constantly scrolling/flashing programme name not the tiny little dull icons. I think you are the only poster that finds the icons existence really annoying, most people are just amazed that Humax made them so small and discreet.

I don't find the icons annoying because I can't really see them.

As you say they made them small and discreet - so discreet many of us can't read them. It is therefore no loss that they have disappeared. Similarly with the scrolling channel indicator. I sit on an angle to the box which either catches the light from the window or the reading lamp, so again I can't really read it from my chair.

Therefore for all intents and purposes it's already blank for me so it wouldn't be missed.

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 9:31:44 #379 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Faust - 3 hours ago  » 
    I don't find the icons annoying because I can't really see them.
    As you say they made them small and discreet - so discreet many of us can't read them. It is therefore no loss that they have disappeared. Similarly with the scrolling channel indicator. I sit on an angle to the box which either catches the light from the window or the reading lamp, so again I can't really read it from my chair.
    Therefore for all intents and purposes it's already blank for me so it wouldn't be missed.

Okay my mistake, it's just odd that you feel the need to posts so many times about icons that don't bother or annoy you and you can't really see.

It kind of reminds me of a certain 1000s owning Faust that had a major problem with the existence of HD channels, for some reason he couldn't appreciate them.

But possibly his dislike of HD was just a matter of struggling with change, as you said many people appear to struggle with change.

| Fri 24 Jul 2015 13:20:11 #380 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.