My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update June 15th 2015

(399 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

JamesB - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Rolling back to the earlier version is only temporary. Eventually, there will presumably be a new release which will be picked up by all three HDR1**0S models. At which point the tiny icons will either be reinstated or not.

This much is true. What we have at present for those who want/need it is simply a hiatus.

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 13:34:09 #361 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

JamesB - 49 minutes ago  » 
    Rolling back to the earlier version is only temporary. Eventually, there will presumably be a new release which will be picked up by all three HDR1**0S models. At which point the tiny icons will either be reinstated or not.

Thanks for the sit-rep, but let's not limit it to just the icons reappearing or going quietly into the night (if Humax programmers are really incompetent), from my experience anything is possible with this box.

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 13:48:23 #362 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Reffub - 6 minutes ago  » 

Thanks for the sit-rep, but let's not limit it to just the icons reappearing or going quietly into the night (if Humax programmers are really incompetent), from my experience anything is possible with this box.

You misunderstand the issue. The icons missing is most definitely down to Humax, all the indications are that box re-boots are down to Freesat and issues with the Freesat servers. We have been in a similar position before (Vanishing On Demand and Showcase and boxes reporting not connected to the internet).

Once resolved it's still possible the same update will be repeated, leaving the icon issue to a later release.

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 13:56:47 #363 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 7 minutes ago  » 

Reffub - 6 minutes ago  » 

Once resolved it's still possible the same update will be repeated, leaving the icon issue to a later release.

Or it's possible we may get no display at all then all the boxes will be singing from the same hymn sheet.

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 14:05:02 #364 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Faust - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Or it's possible we may get no display at all then all the boxes will be singing from the same hymn sheet.

Well you can only hope and keep your fingers crossed.

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 14:11:06 #365 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Reffub - 12 minutes ago  » 

The pulled release was partly about dealing with the ongoing problems with access to On Demand / Showcase. The new box, and probably most of the old boxes, are running that version. Any future release will be an update to that version - so no tiny icons unless Humax decide to spend the time reinstating them. If they decide against, it'll be to do with priorities, not competence. There's hardly a groundswell of customer protest over the loss of this minor feature. Most users probably haven't noticed.

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 14:15:09 #366 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

KRGA24

There may not be a groundswell of customer protest over the icons but the boxes rebooting is still unacceptable after all this time.
    Surely it should be within the capabilities of Freesat programmers to have cured this by now?

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 15:45:57 #367 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

KRGA24 - 10 minutes ago  » 
    There may not be a groundswell of customer protest over the icons but the boxes rebooting is still unacceptable after all this time.
    Surely it should be within the capabilities of Freesat programmers to have cured this by now?

Are you getting frequent reboots?

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 15:56:43 #368 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

KRGA24

I was getting frequent reboots, reported it, then had a period of 2 weeks with no reboots but in the last week to 10 days they have started again.
    I realise the option is to revert to the previous update but I feel if we all do that Freesat will never address the problem.

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 16:02:03 #369 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

KRGA24 - 2 minutes ago  » 

I was getting frequent reboots, reported it, then had a period of 2 weeks with no reboots but in the last week to 10 days they have started again.
    I realise the option is to revert to the previous update but I feel if we all do that Freesat will never address the problem.

It might be best to just decide whether the reboots are enough of a nuisance to you to make it worth rolling back to the previous version. There's no reason to suppose that Freesat aren't addressing the problem. They've managed to make some improvements, and are no doubt at present waiting to see whether they start getting error reports from the new box. In the meantime, as I've suggested before, the occasional reboot may be caused by Freesat working on their servers, as part of their efforts to address the problem. My HB1000S rebooted spontaneously recently. It clearly was not due to the faulty update, since the HB boxes did not receive the update.

| Wed 22 Jul 2015 16:13:53 #370 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.