My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update June 15th 2015

(399 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

nevans

I too am having the same issue. The first few crashes were just that; black screen, and only a power cycle would recover it. The last few times the box has reset itself, and stayed in standby. I have sent a mail to Humax support, as the more feedback that they get, the more likely it is to be fixed..

Has anybody tried reverting to the previous build?

| Thu 18 Jun 2015 9:00:04 #41 |
  2. launton

launton

You can add me to the spontaneous reboot problem too. The box wasn't recording anything at the time. Factory reset and disk format applied. Will report back if I get any more reboots. I noticed that the picture did not return after the reboots (had 4) just black screen although remote is still operational.

Not gonna shout at Humax as they don't make the software but I don't understand why freesat don't have a number of beta testers across the country to test the software, I'm sure plenty of us would offer our services so the majority could have a more stable box

| Thu 18 Jun 2015 11:02:17 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kellyw

I have been having this issue since yesterday however my software version hadn't updated. Tried update it didnt find anything. Swapped LNB cables over - didnt work. Powered off totally. Left it. Software now showing as 2.02.34. Confused? Not sure if swapping LNB cables over helped or not.

I am testing to see if it reboots. If it does reboot how can you go back to previous software version.

It was rebooting every half hour. No issues prior to this.

| Thu 18 Jun 2015 11:04:42 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mafoo

My box updated yesterday, since then my WiFi dongle has not worked. I've factory reset, I've formatted the drive then factory reset and to no avail, it still doesn't detect the dongle. I've tested the dongle under windows and it's working fine, so the update has done something nasty

| Thu 18 Jun 2015 11:42:13 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

KennyB

mafoo - 2 minutes ago  » 
    My box updated yesterday, since then my WiFi dongle has not worked. I've factory reset, I've formatted the drive then factory reset and to no avail, it still doesn't detect the dongle. I've tested the dongle under windows and it's working fine, so the update has done something nasty

Same here. I have been successfully using an Edimax WiFi dongle on my HDR1000S, but since the update it no longer works.
    Thinking the Edimax had developed a fault I tried it on my HB1000S and it works perfectly.
    Which WiFi dongle are you using?

| Thu 18 Jun 2015 11:51:27 #45 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I'll connect up a 1000S again to check wifi, give me a few minutes.

| Thu 18 Jun 2015 12:48:52 #46 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Right 1000S put back into service:

First I checked the Humax 150n dongle (ie not new one) and Edimax 7711UMn on version 2.02.07 - both working fine.

Updated to 2.02.34:

Humax dongle still working, but the Edimax is no longer recognised.

Reported to Humax Towers.

| Thu 18 Jun 2015 13:17:21 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

comrademureth

Hi - having the exact same problem with our 1010S; worked fine until Tuesday night - now constant reboots; at one point last night it rebooted and said I had no recordings at all; turned it off manually and they came back; but this is SO annoying - loads of recordings have failed because of it.

Why release an update to fix something that makes matters MUCH worse? At present the box is almost unusable - if this isn't fixed quickly, we'll have to go back to Murdoch Corp which is the *last* thing we want to do lol!

Haven't tried a system reset yet, as since others have said it makes no difference there seems little point!

| Thu 18 Jun 2015 13:19:54 #48 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Try a factory reset, whilst one member has stated his system worked last night after reset but rebooted this morning, another appears to have had an evenings uninterrupted viewing.

Either way you have nothing to lose, except your recording schedule.

| Thu 18 Jun 2015 13:24:49 #49 |
  10. launton

launton

I'm not using a humax branded wireless dongle and it wasn't installed/shown in the initial factory reset installation but skipping that part, manual reboot and reinsert of dongle when fully booted loaded the dongle fine. Try that.

I've had no reboots since posting this morning after format/factory reset

(my dongle is vodafone branded but supported chipset)

| Thu 18 Jun 2015 13:39:11 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.