My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

T2000 sudden menu style change.

(114 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

Thanks for that. Though it always makes me smile when a paper quotes another. The matter above has already been debated elsewhere, and as the Telegraph (along with the Guardian) are infamous YouView bashers, the story was largely dismissed by YouViewers as being poppycock. Though a few agreed BT taking over YV wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, as it would/could speed its development.

| Sun 26 Mar 2017 15:23:07 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Visionman - 5 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for that. Though it always makes me smile when a paper quotes another. The matter above has already been debated elsewhere, and as the Telegraph (along with the Guardian) are infamous YouView bashers, the story was largely dismissed by YouViewers as being poppycock. Though a few agreed BT taking over YV wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, as it would/could speed its development.

Well the head of BT TV along with the BBC have confirmed there have been talks but refused to be drawn further.

| Sun 26 Mar 2017 20:48:30 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

If it does happen, its doubtful it would be before 2019 which is when the current stakeholder agreement ends.

| Sun 26 Mar 2017 22:29:06 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Visionman - 24 minutes ago  » 
    If it does happen, its doubtful it would be before 2019 which is when the current stakeholder agreement ends.

Not sure that is altogether correct. ITV, Arqiva and TalkTalk et-al have allegedly all expressed a willingness some say eagerness to come to a deal now. The problem appears to be the £60 million pound the BBC is said to want for its stake. The beeb have a duty to get the best possible deal for the licence fee payers.

Only the main players know the real story, so we will simply have to wait and see what happens.

Regarding the new UI rollout. I'm baffled as to why the BT launch appears to be such a staggered and slow rollout? When Freesat or Freeview updates it's features pretty much everyone gets them at the same time. The BT rollout is a very piecemeal affair.

| Sun 26 Mar 2017 22:59:30 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

Not unusual. TalkTalks started in Nov, way in front of BT, and they still haven't finished. And theres Plusnet still to go.
    KCOM and Manx Telecom have completed.
    EE to follow.
    Sony TVs aren't slated.

| Sun 26 Mar 2017 23:16:38 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Visionman - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Not unusual. TalkTalks started in Nov, way in front of BT, and they still haven't finished. And theres Plusnet still to go.
    KCOM and Manx Telecom have completed.
    EE to follow.
    Sony TVs aren't slated.

I suppose if they're using pigeons to deliver the update then yes I could understand it. However, I'm led to believe we live in a digital age of instant communication - what's gone wrong?

| Sun 26 Mar 2017 23:31:06 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

Didn't you know? Its called progress!!

| Mon 27 Mar 2017 0:13:12 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

FenderBender - 1 day ago  » 

Visionman - 9 hours ago  » 
    Barry, you haven't actually stated why Freeview Play is superior to YouView 2.0, which is commonly called NextGen. So would you care to say why?

Barry already has in post #38.

Thats out of date now.

| Mon 27 Mar 2017 20:17:03 #58 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Visionman - 1 hour ago  » 

FenderBender - 1 day ago  » 

Visionman - 9 hours ago  » 
    Barry, you haven't actually stated why Freeview Play is superior to YouView 2.0, which is commonly called NextGen. So would you care to say why?

Barry already has in post #38.

Thats out of date now.

Which of the faqs highlighted in bold as posted by Barry in post 38 are out of date ? I take it your post means they are all resolved ?

Youview now has manual timer capability ?

You can edit a existing timer ?

You can extend a instant timer duration ?

You can add auto padding to timers ?

You can customise the epg with favourites ?

All of the above should be available on a half decent pvr.

That ignores viewing existing recordings on other kit in your home and safely archiving recorded content should your HDD fail.

An ancient Topfield PVR (SD only could do much more).

Based on the above 3/10 assuming your post is just wrong

| Mon 27 Mar 2017 21:31:46 #59 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Visionman

ex member

Hi graham, love you too. For pointing me in the direction of this thread, that is.
    Thumbs up.

Its still no less out of date, though.

| Mon 27 Mar 2017 22:36:32 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.