My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

The receiver is not receiving a signal

(80 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MIB - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Today is the day I was supposed to retune my TV so I did and now I've LOST 35 of my 150 channels - everything on UHF ch 35 (see previous post) and a load more, including HD channels.
    Meanwhile my 4000T simply says "No single being received" for said channels.
    What a costly update this was...

The transmitter you are using would help us to help you.

| Wed 21 Mar 2018 19:31:40 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MIB

Crystal Palace.

| Wed 21 Mar 2018 19:39:32 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Give Digital UK a call.
    I've been told they may upgrade aerial free if this is your only
    TV (No cable or sat)

Viewers reliant on DTT who are unable to restore those services affected after a retune as a result of
    these changes may be eligible for in-home support. In the first instance, all viewers should be directed to freephone 0808 100 0288.

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 13:24:12 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Give Digital UK a call.
    TV (No cable or sat)

Viewers reliant on DTT who are unable to restore those services affected after a retune as a result of
    these changes may be eligible for in-home support. In the first instance, all viewers should be directed to freephone 0808 100 0288.

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 13:24:45 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MIB - 17 hours ago  » 
    Crystal Palace.

Guessing you have a group A aerial. The frequency changes for COM 7 and COM 8 are out group for a group A.

You will most likely need a wideband like a log 36 or B or E group aerial.

If you are on a communal system the building services company should change the aerial.

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 13:34:14 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MIB

Yup. Our aerial is the same one since we moved into this house back in 1982...

Anyway, we called the Freeview helpline and we're waiting for a tech guy to call us back it does look like a new aerial is needed. Our local Maplin has a suitable aerial (just one left) so I hope they store doesn't close down if/when we need to buy it...

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 14:09:18 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyhurley

Bear in mind that the new frequencies for 7 and 8 are temporary - they will eventually be closed down altogether (say 2-4 years max).

All the other muxes are in band A and should be fine from your aerial so the question is do you want these channels enough to justify the cost of aerial replacement which will be redundant in 2-4 years?

We're in the same boat but it's a temporary house and we rarely record HD (harder to stream round the house we I do with a LOT of stuff I watch) so I am not going to bother. The reception always was marginal but I have not had time to check what it is like now yet.

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 16:21:21 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MIB

jaeger - 3 hours ago  » 
    Give Digital UK a call.
    TV (No cable or sat)

Sorry for not replying earlier, I somehow missed this post. We do have other options (but can't record from them. long story) so we don't qualify for that.

andyhurley - 47 minutes ago  » 
    Bear in mind that the new frequencies for 7 and 8 are temporary - they will eventually be closed down altogether (say 2-4 years max).
    All the other muxes are in band A and should be fine from your aerial so the question is do you want these channels enough to justify the cost of aerial replacement which will be redundant in 2-4 years?

For us yes because a lot of the channels we frequently watch are affected plus 2-4 years is still plenty of TV!

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 17:13:08 #28 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MIB - 3 hours ago  » 
    Yup. Our aerial is the same one since we moved into this house back in 1982...
    Anyway, we called the Freeview helpline and we're waiting for a tech guy to call us back it does look like a new aerial is needed. Our local Maplin has a suitable aerial (just one left) so I hope they store doesn't close down if/when we need to buy it...

I can recommend one of these. You can easily add a mast head amp and remote power supply if you need one.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/AERIAL-STUB-TUNING-LTE-AT800-V10-36L-VISION/dp/B0118KKW0S/?tag=blusas008-21

http://aerialsandtv.com/atvschoiceofaerials.html#Log40

| Thu 22 Mar 2018 17:48:43 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MIB

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.